dodds transport

usual stuff wages conditions ect…

does anyone know anything please.

Gordon Bennett jessies mammy, what you doing writing a book on company’s wages and working conditions or something there cant be many more company’s left for you to ask about now :grimacing: :grimacing: :wink:

globby 480:
Gordon Bennett jessies mammy, what you doing writing a book on company’s wages and working conditions or something there cant be many more company’s left for you to ask about now :grimacing: :grimacing: :wink:

i dont normally ask daz, i just find out myself. im doing agency work at the minute for dhl at castleford near xscape. im starting on nights tonight but i dont really want to do agency work but i dont know wether to stick till my holiday on last week of july then start looking or have a poke about now.

i already know what most companies are about in this area.

Theres a Dodds Transport near Thirsk got 2 or 3 low loaders is that the one ? Jim.

try downtons looking for trampers

whats all this money 1st question i keep hearing drivers ask… :question:
doesnt anyone like driving all week just to keep em from working in a office, warehouse etc, and the added bounus of 5 days away form the other half :laughing: :laughing:

graham schroeder:
try downtons looking for trampers

ive tried downtons in leeds and nothing doing. its all casual work and according to the manager there his booksare full of drivers waiting for work. :unamused:

try downtons again looking for drivers at all depots on full time basis

I used to work for Dodds about 5 years ago.

Work is relatively easy but if you are tramping expect to be out fridays…according to them you don’t need to be home!

■■■■■■ in office called Kevin who talks to you like you are something stuck on the bottom of his shoe - others aren’t much better either.

Other Dodds drivers still confirm the above…

Depends what you wany really. I personally would NEVER drive for them again!!!

graham schroeder:

they are only looking for casual workers at the moment but if your face fits they wil offer you a contract which is rolling week 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off, i think on that contract you take home around 380, on the downside the contract rolls over 7 weekends on the bounce, to earn money you have to be a tramper and on an hourly rate not salary,
the boys on salary are contrcted to 12 hrs days but you do alot more for nothink extra,
which in turn has caused alot of the drivers to ask for tramping work, the lads on the walking floors arnt making any money, no nights out,

other than that work is easy, lads are sound ( except dunstable planners) if there is work try it out most companies are paying pretty much the same wage which is around 8 quid, or try stobbie in leeds plenty of casual work and days to suit

dustylfc:

graham schroeder:

they are only looking for casual workers at the moment but if your face fits they wil offer you a contract which is rolling week 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off, i think on that contract you take home around 380, on the downside the contract rolls over 7 weekends on the bounce, to earn money you have to be a tramper and on an hourly rate not salary,
the boys on salary are contrcted to 12 hrs days but you do alot more for nothink extra,
which in turn has caused alot of the drivers to ask for tramping work, the lads on the walking floors arnt making any money, no nights out,

other than that work is easy, lads are sound ( except dunstable planners) if there is work try it out most companies are paying pretty much the same wage which is around 8 quid, or try stobbie in leeds plenty of casual work and days to suit

depot in leeds dont do the rolling week we are all trampers monday to friday tuesday to satday and a a few sunday to thursday with casual drivers covering holidays etc they is is only about 20 motors based in leeds though,

yorkshire terrier:

dustylfc:

graham schroeder:

depot in leeds dont do the rolling week we are all trampers monday to friday tuesday to satday and a a few sunday to thursday with casual drivers covering holidays etc they is is only about 20 motors based in leeds though,

i worked as a casual then they had me on the shunt at prinovis , i didnt last long got messed about with pay and i couldnt work next 2 dave out the office , is eric still at leeds used to ave a laugh with him

dustylfc:

yorkshire terrier:

dustylfc:

graham schroeder:

i worked as a casual then they had me on the shunt at prinovis , i didnt last long got messed about with pay and i couldnt work next 2 dave out the office , is eric still at leeds used to ave a laugh with him

yeah he is still there mate quite a few decent lads at leeds,

Rick B:
■■■■■■ in office called Kevin who talks to you like you are something stuck on the bottom of his shoe - others aren’t much better either!!!

is that the fat ignorant 1 whom everyone either has tried to punch his lights out, or tried to drag over the desk & smack him?

head office glos looking for full time trampers or on nights newbies even welcome to apply

peirre:
is that the fat ignorant 1 whom everyone either has tried to punch his lights out, or tried to drag over the desk & smack him?

YES!! I had an incident with him and went for him but he backed away sharpish from the litte hole they use. left about a couple of weeks after. My experience was a bad one, many drivers have been there years though…I’d had enough of the verbal…bad planning and drivers getting blame.

Similar at Stobarts but the bad planning is on isotrak so the driver doesn’t get the blame in the end :smiley: :smiley: