Castledene transport

Anyone know pay conditions hours etc they seem to be advertising a lot lately cheers :smiley:

This is not up to date, but a couple of years ago they seemed to have less work of their own and more that was subcontracted from Lenham and DHL/Gee, although there were still the night newsprint runs. I saw the rate they were getting for one subcontracted job and reckoned that they actually lost money on it. However they have been going for a few years and recently the equipment seems to have improved… a bit.

im sure the pays about ÂŁ8 ph. talking to one of there guys in our place. all week out and run in sat ÂŁ18oo pm take home. although dwindeling he will always have the nite paper runs as they were one of the ones that went through the Wapping picket lines .always advertising for day and night drivers so make of that wat you want. aparantly the owner not very nice and pleads poverty but always in new feraris and the like so im told

Well I don’t work for Castledene but I do know the guys there very well and they are a great bunch to deal with, very clever and will only do things the right way… The drivers seem fairly happy, nearly all new kit now… They don’t have many trampers by the sounds of it as they try n double shift the motors… They seem Ok 2 me, maybe worth a call!

Only way you can make any bank to double shift.

They look tidy enough. Wether it’s all flash & no gash I don’t know.

Wot happened to all those bods they recruited a year ago? :confused:

im not sure there has been a week in last ten years that they have not had an ad in the local paper

I phoned up last year the day after seeing such an ad, and got told “All 7 vacancies have been filled”.

“Too slow”, I’m thinking I was. They hadn’t met me to refuse me on the way I look, so it’s tough to know what to make of that? :confused:

I never did find out what they pay for weekday nights. :open_mouth: