sat navs

anyone got one of these satnavs are know what there like,are they worth the cash… cgi.ebay.co.uk/Snooper-Syrius-Pr … dZViewItem

apparently not

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30047

To be honest i cant see anything better than the Tom Tom One. you can get bridge heights etc downloaded for the TT1. I use one everyday and with a little common sense :wink: works fine, it comes with uk and ireland maps and speed camera locations included and can be got now for around £120. You have to pay extra for bridge heights,truckstops etc to download. I would suggest having a look at the Tomtom first, at least its a popular well known brand as well

yep i recomend tomtom also as i have one, but common sence is a must when using it.

check out this deal at comet

and try GPS10 to gt another £15.00 off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not a bad system for £84.99!!HERE

just need some help now on how i get some low bridgePOI’s on it and where to get them from :question:

What put me off Snoopers products is the fact they wouldn’t let pocketgpsworld review one, which imo means there’s summat to hide!

I’ve got a TT one (damaged) and TT Go500 and they work(ed) brilliantly, bit fiddly adding third party POI’s but easy to get the hang of, gonna upgrade soon to a 930t, and all paid for by the taxman! Mapshare is the killer feature on TT’s and afaik not been copied by other manufacturers.

I’m sure Pride of the Fleet are now doing the Bridge heights along with weight limits for the UK now ?

When I was talking to them on Saturday they were saying they had a load of new POI’s for Sat Navs :wink:

tom toms are the better product and easier. you can get all the low bridge and truck stop at
http://www.hgvsolutions.com/ hope it helps

tomtom is the best on the market. I’ve got a 7**t but i wouldn’t recommend paying the extra for the traffic version a bit of common sense works better.

personally the snooper is over priced. navteq are still putting the data together the 99 pound update for maps is a rip off as your only paying for data you should already have atlest for the first 12 months.id go for the vdo

Bones:
check out this deal at comet

and try GPS10 to gt another £15.00 off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not a bad system for £84.99!!HERE

just need some help now on how i get some low bridgePOI’s on it and where to get them from :question:

Brings it up as £169.99, Bones ?!?!

Stan

Is there a bridge height add-on for europe available ?

go here for low bridge for tomtom

rapidshare.com/files/119566758/l … e.rar.html [/img]

steve07:
tom toms are the better product and easier. you can get all the low bridge and truck stop at
http://www.hgvsolutions.com/ hope it helps

Yup, I use the same … I’d be lost without it … doh ! :unamused:

I see Tom Tom have recently brought out a ‘version 4’ of their products: does anyone know if it’d be worth the extra dosh over the version 3? Is it simply updated maps (which you’d presumably want for the version 3 anyways)?
I don’t have a sat nav currently but would like to get one in the near future.

Dr Dubya:
I see Tom Tom have recently brought out a ‘version 4’ of their products: does anyone know if it’d be worth the extra dosh over the version 3? Is it simply updated maps (which you’d presumably want for the version 3 anyways)?
I don’t have a sat nav currently but would like to get one in the near future.

I updated the maps on my ONE v2 last year, and at the same time, I downloaded the new firmware, so my ONE was effectively upgraded to a v3 for free. You might be able to get the v4 software for free.

I’ve got the Tom Tom 930T and think it is useless for trucks, no matter what I do to the settings it still keeps sending me down small, tight, dodgy roads, the only reason I bought it was because Autoroute didn’t update its maps this year, most of my deliveries are to new houses across Europe so I need up to date mapping…I am now running both systems at the same time, Autoroute to get me close to the address then tom tom for the last few turns, I still have to use a bit of common sense with Auto route, but generally, it picks the best route, where as tom tom very rarely does. and of course I have loads of POA’s for Autoroute so that isn’t an issue