Any good HGV sat navs?

Hi guys, I know this subject has already been discussed but doesn’t seem to have been recently so thought I would ask again. I start a new job next week tramping and am looking for a truck sat nav, apart from the usual Tom tom etc can anyone recommend any decent ones just, ideally with free or cheap map updates.

I’ve got a binatone car sat nav which I can download a truck program onto but not sure how good or reliable it would be, and at £80 just for an update seems a bit pricy.

Cheers everyone

In my experience upgrading a car satnav only puts in bridge heights and weight limits it won’t actually avoid them when routing you… TomTom and Snooper are the well known makes and ebay does some cheaper Chinese models

I use a Garmin Dezl 560. Have tried a TomTom and it was rubbish - unresponsive user interface (and too many questions) and inaccurate sign info, and a company I sometimes work for has them fitted to their trucks and these are like that too, so it wasn’t a one-off. The price is about the same as the TomTom and the pronunciation is a bit off, but you have real sign images. It does have free updates. Only snag is that it sometimes gives misleading directions especially on two-part manoeuvres, such as at motorway junctions, so look at the map and don’t just follow the words.

I just use a car Tomtom with the low bridges added as POI’s,you can set a warning upto a mile away to warn of low bridges.
But tbh I dont see the need for HGV sat navs unless your shifting abnormal loads,bridges are well signed as are weight limits…as for width limits how many do you see on a weekly basis?
£70 car Tomtom and a bit of forward vision has got me through the last 11 years Driving.

ckm1981:
£70 car Tomtom and a bit of forward vision has got me through the last 11 years Driving.

This^^^^. No need for a fancy truck satnaff…use a car one and a good map and you will do fine.
I bet the majority of bridge strikes are caused by numpties no longer being “aware” on their route because they are just blindly following the ■■■■■■■■■

Try truck-tables.co.uk, £65 delivered and has routed me perfectly even for London. Has road speed limits, bridges, weights etc.

Ordered one from chris at hgv truck tables, maps updated on it two weeks ago so should be pretty decent hopefully, thanks for advice everyone,

davy1601:
Ordered one from chris at hgv truck tables, maps updated on it two weeks ago so should be pretty decent hopefully, thanks for advice everyone,

That’s the 1 I ment mate,it works good as my old snooper.

davy1601:

When you’ve had it a month or so come back and let us know how you got on with it. Tell us warts and all! I may just invest if the feedback is good. :wink:

Not the one he is using

expressandstar.com/picture-g … nto-fence/

We have Tomtom pro sat nav in the trucks and compared to my £50 ebay job it’s absolute crap! Keeps trying to take me down roads that aren’t suitable because they have no restrictions! Going to British car auctions at Brighouse and yes I know where it is but TomTom wanted me to go down into town and down some little side street! Apparently our insurance company insists we use it as well!

If a road has no restrictions then why wouldn’t it route you down that road . Satnavs can’t tell how much traffic , parked cars or how tight a turn is .It can only compute the information it is given… That is why they should be used alongside a good map.

Any one got one of his Dash cam’s ? chris at hgv truck tables that is