Low bridge nightmares! Sat Navs?

hi all

recently passed my class c but havent done my cpc yet.so im only driving 3.5 tonne at the moment with a height of 10ft 6 and im struggling already with low bridges ! i only currently have a car sat nav and seem to be hitting every low bridge known to man :laughing: :laughing:
question is shall i just buy one of the truck navs from ebay for < Ā£50 ? because im pretty skint! or is it a waste of money should i just go for a top model like tom tom 6000 ? is tom tom the best one or the likes of snooper/garmin any better ?

Iā€™m not against satnavs, in fact Iā€™m one of the modern era that is not technophobic and use and know how to use them as a guide and not as an absolute ā€œI trust you to sleep in bed with my wife nakedā€ level of trust

but if youā€™re struggling with bridges so much then you are using your car one wrong, are you driving the truck or is your satnav?

What you need is one of these, itā€™s the most invaluable piece of equipment you will ever own!

Click the image for the store page

Use that in conjunction with your satnav and you wont go far wrong again, trust me.

10ā€™6" and you are struggling with low bridges?

:open_mouth:

Get yourself a map until you sort yourself out. Then depending on the type of work you are doing you can invest in a sat nav that suits your needs.

ā€˜lolā€™

Get yourself one of theseā€¦
hgv-trucktables.co.uk/7-inch ā€¦ at-nav.php
I have a Phillips low bridge map,itā€™s not left my locker since I put it there after buying it,thatā€™s my locker at work ie itā€™s never been used,I drive a 13ā€™ 10 wagon/trailer and the sat nav has served me perfectly .

Garmin dezel 770 is better than the tomtom 6000 think itā€™s the best on the market today

Lol yes im very suprised that 10ft6 would struggle too. But my deliveries are in the absolute rurelest of yorkshire and everywhere u turn there is 9ft brdiges and 10 ft 3 seems to be on all my routes. Tbh i was lettin the sat nav drive me instead of looking for signs. Todays been fine

[http://www.hgv-trucktables.co.uk/7-inch ā€¦ at-nav.php[8/url]
I have a Phillips low bridge map,itā€™s not left my locker since I put it there after buying it,thatā€™s my locker at work ie itā€™s never been used,I drive a 13ā€™ 10 wagon/trailer and the sat nav has served me perfectly .

+1 Buy it NOW](http://www.hgv-trucktables.co.uk/7-inch-truck-sat-nav.php)

Roverman:
[http://www.hgv-trucktables.co.uk/7-inch ā€¦ at-nav.php[8/url]

+1 Buy it NOW
[/quote]
Any reviews on here ? feedback ?](http://www.hgv-trucktables.co.uk/7-inch-truck-sat-nav.php)

I have had mine 6 months without no issues. The only fault I would give it is donā€™t let the charge run out or it takes ages to reset. Other then that itā€™s a great sat nav for the price

save up invest in a tom tom truck and buy a map with bridgeheights in wish my truch was 10.6 had a bridge on monday 4.0mtr going into virirdor dartford and my trailer is 4.2mtr the only way is under this bridge as no other exit or entry to their site and they sated on the paperwork trailer not to exceed 4.2mtr and to make it harder there was a steep ramp either side of the bridge i was behind someone else that went through the same height as me and luckily my trailer fitted through with room to spare never been so slow going under a bridge dont reccomend testing the limit also had another driving watching my trailer under the bridge sometimes i wish my work was flatbed

keebs26uk:
I have had mine 6 months without no issues. The only fault I would give it is donā€™t let the charge run out or it takes ages to reset. Other then that itā€™s a great sat nav for the price

Thanks, looks ok apart from the one month warranty.

Reef:
Iā€™m not against satnavs, in fact Iā€™m one of the modern era that is not technophobic and use and know how to use them as a guide and not as an absolute ā€œI trust you to sleep in bed with my wife nakedā€ level of trust

but if youā€™re struggling with bridges so much then you are using your car one wrong, are you driving the truck or is your satnav?

What you need is one of these, itā€™s the most invaluable piece of equipment you will ever own!

Click the image for the store page

Use that in conjunction with your satnav and you wont go far wrong again, trust me.

This or Philips?

Anttoeknee:
This or Philips?

imo the AA one is better laid out and just generally easier to read/follow (I find anyway) but the Phillips has a more recent release (2014) as the last publication release of the AA one was 2011 I believe, but without doing a side by side comparison I donā€™t know how updated the map actually is.

Reef:

Anttoeknee:
This or Philips?

imo the AA one is better laid out and just generally easier to read/follow (I find anyway) but the Phillips has a more recent release (2014) as the last publication release of the AA one was 2011 I believe, but without doing a side by side comparison I donā€™t know how updated the map actually is.

Thanks, canā€™t complain for Ā£8.99

shop.theaa.com/store/home/truckers-atlas-britain

phillips has a lot more bridge heights than AA