sat navs

is there going to be an updated one for trucks. e.g one that keeps you on main roads and of 7.5ton limits, shows bridge heights, uk and europe.
and also avoids VOSA sites too :stuck_out_tongue:

i do have a tom tom at mo but as we all know they arnt 100% reliable, a map is still required at times

sean

Sean, have you set your routing options to ā€œlimited speedā€ and set the speed to 54mph? I had a lot of problems with mine until I did this. Now Tom always takes me on the major routes. Also I have low bridges as a ā€œpoint of interestā€, and although you cant set it to avoid these you can review the route and check to see if there are any and then use the "avoid part of route "function.
Also I have the speed camera database, which gives a helping hand.

no there wont be anything as a truck specific satnav with weight limit avoidance or bridge height avoidance as the manufaturers see it as a niche market so are interested in puting around a couple of million aside to develop such a system

Rewmer:
Sean, have you set your routing options to ā€œlimited speedā€ and set the speed to 54mph? I had a lot of problems with mine until I did this. Now Tom always takes me on the major routes. Also I have low bridges as a ā€œpoint of interestā€, and although you cant set it to avoid these you can review the route and check to see if there are any and then use the "avoid part of route "function.
Also I have the speed camera database, which gives a helping hand.

yep done that, but went to holland with another driver last week as im starting there soon, i tested it out and there was a couple of times when it tried to take a route through a village etc and not staying on the motorway, but maybe its not sure about europes roads, but i did resolve the prob when i got back, i forgot to use the itinary planner and set some points myself and it seemed to work through that. ive got speed cameras bit.

iā€™m sure you can add a bridge height program to your sat nav/tom tom etc.One of my friends has one of them lazy drivers tools. :laughing: and he got it added :wink:

i hope he didnt pay for it as it isnt really an add on it just point of interest list the same as the speed cameras itll only warn him of the bridge it wont automaticly avoid it

do have a tom tom at mo but as we all know they arnt 100% reliable, a map is still required at times

No sat nav will ever be 100% reliable, just like no map is ever 100% reliable.

Basically itā€™s down to common sense, if a map was saying something stupid you would question itā€™s acuracy (found that on many atlasā€™!) if you find the satnav telling you to go down a minor road, dont the computer will soon recalulate and alternative route.

alix776:
i hope he didnt pay for it as it isnt really an add on it just point of interest list the same as the speed cameras itll only warn him of the bridge it wont automaticly avoid it

Heā€™s Scottish alix,wot do u think :laughing: :laughing: