Which Sat Nav ?

Best one on the market for trucks ?

What country ?

any tomtom. All the special truck satnavs are way too expensive. There is plenty of Poi’s files you can download to make your life a little easier.

Mr B has it nailed…TomTom with speed cameras. Buy a decent UK (or wherever) road atlas, plan the route normally and DON’T rely solely on the satnav to get you there.

From previous posts, the general consensus is to use maps in the normal way, add a liberal dose of common sense and only use the satnav for last mile or so…that’s what I do and I’ve never come unstuck with it. (I managed for 20 years without one, all over the UK and Western/Central Europe, but now I have one I wouldn’t want to be without it).

BTW, bought my TomTom One off Ebay recently for a less than £100 brand new sealed in the box! Nice!

for Belgium/ Holland - UK / Ireland, Tom Tom doesnt give you bridge heights / weight restrictions does it ?

routier:
for Belgium/ Holland - UK / Ireland, Tom Tom doesnt give you bridge heights / weight restrictions does it ?

no but your eyes and a glance at maps will!

like it has been said, do not rely solely on the sat nav, you still need to keep your wits about you.

tom tom for me as well, a lot more poi’s than any others and 90% of them are free and put on by other users

routier:

Tomtom does a full european map which will be ok for you. As for bridge height and weight restriction you can download them for free as well as truckstops, msa, layby and fuel bunkers etc, then you set your tomtom up so it’ll warn you of a problem on your route then you use common sense and a good quality paper map.

routier:

There’s one for German bridges which is building up and maybe spread to include other nearby countries and a weight limit one too for Germany too :wink: All sorts of POI’s for Tom Tom cropping up now, you got to keep checking see what’s new. :smiley:

directions.ltd.uk/

got to the truck bit its not bad ui can be a little fiddley but on the whole if the limit is not there then it will miss them out and its fairly cheep

snooperuk.com/products/snoop … index.html

Best one on the market for trucks, i use it & its never let me down :smiley:

Governor!:
http://www.snooperuk.com/products/snooper_s2000_syrius_proline_with_truckmate/index.html

Best one on the market for trucks, i use it & its never let me down :smiley:

£400, for a sat-nav :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I have a garmin nuvi 250w, cost me 150 quid a few months back, full western euro mapping, seems to be fine, so long as you ignore it’s habit of taking “short cuts” down minor roads, and doing odd things on european junctions. It sometimes tells me to come off and come back on the same road! :unamused: Mainly does that in Holland, maybe the guy who did the maps there was having a nice shmoke :laughing: