sat navs

ok i know this has been brought up again and again, but i was wondering as the actual truck relevant satnavs these days are too expencive, and the only feature i actually need or want is the option to put in my speed at 56mph so it calculates it right, my tomtom1000 doesnt do this,

so does anyone know of a decent tomtom (not truck one) that has still got this on i would love to know, thanks.

I’m sure it will let you do this, even my Tomtom One lets you do this, go to “Planning preferences” and look for “Always plan for limited speed”.

I’ve found setting it at 54mph gives a more accurate prognosis.

thats the prob, the tomtom 1000 doesnt have planning prefferences on it, so thats why i want a resonablely decent normal one with this option on it.

One of the reasons I ended up with the Snooper S6000 I currently have was due in part to a special offer at the time and my phone had just blown up again being plugged into a truck charger!

I was doing HIAB work and going by maps and the company thought I was too slow. Although they said that even after I got the new SatNav I didn’t need to reverse out because of low bridges any more. Had the boss with me on my last day at that company who egged and encouraged me to get up to ‘the speed limit; 60mph’ in the six wheeler truck I was in. I showed him the speed limits and he said they were advisory. So I got the agency to send me elsewhere…

I have found it VERY efficient to route me around low bridges, narrow roads and some speed restrictions, but for the most part am pleased I got it. If you’re use to the TT interface you might find this slow, annoying and clunky but I have also tried all sorts of SatNavs and some are better than others.

But I think you can get POIs for bridges for the TTs anyway, not sure if you can get the device to route you around it though. The Snooper has its moments for routing around things, and when I learn how to do it properly (such as temporary closures) all will be well with the world again :wink:

bloody nora, my tom-tom 910, which is about 5yrs old lets me set my speed, the wife has got quite a basic tom-tom and that lets you do it as well.

yep tomtom one does it :sunglasses:

I have a very basic Garmin for a car which is always gives roughly the right ETA in a truck (urban areas can add a couple of minutes) but is way off in the car (13 mins wrong Kettering to Coventry).

Its not really that hard to work out after a while.