sat nav

Hi the last post i had was regarding maps, well, just in case i get a lot of work next week through an agency i have signed up to :wink: :wink: i would like to ask which sat navs people prefer and why.

Thanks in advance

I have a Navman ICN520. Easy to use and more compact than a Tom Tom.

Andy

Iā€™ve got a Navman iCN320. It doesnā€™t have some of the features of the much more expensive models, but it does the job very well. (For me anyway!)

It doesnā€™t have a 3D moving map or a touch screen, but it does give clear concise directions and instructions and a small 2D map.

Went round a lot of the motoring shops when I was looking for one and none of them seemed to carry much stock. Ended up getting mine from Tescoā€™s!

The iCN320 is one of the cheapest about and you should have no problems getting one for about Ā£150.

tommo:
Hi the last post i had was regarding maps, well, just in case i get a lot of work next week through an agency i have signed up to :wink: :wink: i would like to ask which sat navs people prefer and why.

Thanks in advance

A sat nav may make your job easier but you will still need to actually know where you are going (roughly). The best ā€œsat navā€ in the world is an actual address, a map, and a clue to what you are doing.

Mike-C:
A sat nav may make your job easier but you will still need to actually know where you are going (roughly). The best ā€œsat navā€ in the world is an actual address, a map, and a clue to what you are doing.

Numbnuts, he didnā€™t ask for your opinion on whether to use Satnav or not, he asked what was best. Heā€™s already made his decision that he doesnā€™t want to carry around a big box of maps that donā€™t even give full coverage of the UK.

Mike-C:
The best ā€œsat navā€ in the world is an actual address, a map, and a clue to what you are doing.

A SatNav is a map, so when he gets one, that is that bit sorted.

i use the latest tomtom with all poiā€™s ,uk maps and add france etc as and when neededā€¦i use this on my mda mobile phone ,works out a fraction of the price of buying a tomtom etc from a shop and ya have a phone to boot,any ppc,mda etc windows platform will run thisā€¦

hth

I use TomTom and have no complaints as long as you review your route. Been out with a couple of guys that had NAVMAN and found that the routing was not quite as good - although I am pretty sure they use the same map dataā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦

G

Conor:

Mike-C:

Numbnuts, he didnā€™t ask for your opinion on whether to use Satnav or not, he asked what was best. .

He said heā€™s going to be doing agency work (could be anything). Best one is like i said an address and a clue to what youā€™re doing.

Heā€™s already made his decision that he doesnā€™t want to carry around a big box of maps that donā€™t even give full coverage of the UK.

I must of missed that because i didnā€™t read him saying that. But iā€™m suprised you wernā€™t able to offer any advice as you seem to know most things.

I have a tom tom 700 with pois for Scammeras and bridges. Also the good old aa truckers atlas just in case! :wink:

Iā€™ve got a Navman icn320, brilliant bit of kit, highly recommended, although the male voice option sounds a bit Julian Clarey :open_mouth: and canā€™t get used to a woman knowing which way to goā€¦

Running for hard hat now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

John

you tell him stardust

tom tom 700 cos it does europe

TT 700 - tweak the limited speed setting, and the routing is usually bang on. Also, use the ā€œtravel viaā€ feature to further adjust routes. Top kit.

i got a binatone carrera x350 off amazon Ā£67 superb bit of kit for the price,as allways though use it along with your maps,never let me down so far :wink:

Garmin Nuvi 250w, cost me 130 quid, does euroland, plus has a nice big screen for easier use.

use my tom tom go (original cheap sat nav)

• take AA truckers and London Master atlas

TT1 V3 England and Euroland.

Also got the PGPS speed camera database on it as well.

Tweak the settings before using,and Bobs your uncle.

Ken.

tomtom 720. all satnavs are much the same but with tomtom there are loads of poi files you can download. low bridges, narrow roads, laybys, msas, truckstops, fuel bunkers etc.

Quinny:
TT1 V3 England and Euroland.

Also got the PGPS speed camera database on it as well.

Tweak the settings before using,and Bobs your uncle.

Ken.

Thatā€™s the one! :smiley:

I use one of these (in conjunction with PAPER MAPS, an ADDRESS and lots of COMMON SENSE)ā€¦I like the TomTom and use it more or less everyday, even when I know the route because it beeps to tell me where all the cameras are :wink: Itā€™s one of the cheapest too, bought mine brand new off ebay recently for under Ā£100.