Which Sat Nav

Now Ive always been one of thoses who thought Sat Navs are stupid things that everyone is buying.

Everyone using them, just to by the weekly shop lol :smiley:

but for our industry I think there a great thing to have, so whats the best on the market at them moment

TOM TOM - Nav Man – others

I was looking at the Road Angel Navigator thats got all the extra gizzies, ie Blue tooth, Speed camera detection - all that

Work supply us with a tomtom 720, i had a navman n20 before that , both are great , but only if used in conjunction with a good map and common sense.

Treat it like a drivers aid and all will be well :smiley:

Hello Swampey, I have used a Tomtom for about 3 years now.

I’ve found it to be very good, using first as a response bobby (although sometimes the police car was faster than the system could react!), an now I’m back where I belong (in the pilots seat of a wagon) it’s also served me very well.

I must admit that I still plan my routes with maps and only really use sat-nav for the last couple of miles to save looking at the A to Z all the time. If I do use it for route planning, I still have to check the route for low bridges/weight limits etc (my truck is tall) because the system is designed for cars. I read somewhere recently that there will shortly be a truck specific sat-nav that takes all these factors into account, maybe it’d be worth waiting for that to come out?

I’ve never used anything other than the Tomtom, so can’t comment on other makes. Hope it helped…

I tried a TomTom 720 which was well designed but the unit was faulty so took it back, now use a Navman S90i which is decent enough and worx outta the box ok.