Sat nav`s

Can anyone out there recommend a good easy to use sat nav .?

Any navman, bit cheaper and I find give u more info and better at pinpointing addresses. I use the navman mio. Never fails

A good truck road map is an essential item! Navman , imego , tomtom sat navs , seem to do there job , although I did see on the tv yesterday evening that the tt hadn’t done a good job of updates an clearly showed a guy driving up the road which wasn’t on the nav at all !! He was saying how displeased he was after having paid for the update ( updares not being cheap! ) … just to tell them it was missing a main road !.

I use the Tom Tom 5150 truck nav.
It’s been the best I have used, and I have used navman, snooper etc and many more.

I use a Garmin Nüvi 255W and common sense :wink:

Try the search button, or look in the Computer forum within the site.

Plenty of good advice about.

Ken.

Snooper Truckmate, had mine for 2 years and worth it’s weight in gold.

tomtom 910, iv had others but dont compare, its massive 20gb allows everything you need mines all trucked up, services, low bridges weights laybyes supermarket rdc s never let me down them although i dont think you can buy new any more

simple mate , forget maps
get the tom tom truckers 7150 sat nav
more expensive than fake ones on 3 bay
and far better than the likes of snooper ,garmim , navman
just go for it , mate , its a good investment
you will be stress free and it will save you time and money
day after day after day

business.tomtom.com/en_gb/produc … ighlights/

Get the TomTom Pro 5150 Truck its average depending where you buy it £300 but its worth it trust me!!

I have a Garmin dezl 760lmt-d.

It works perfectly for me (although I’ve always got maps to hand)…

Just done 2 days in London, totally sat nav free. Just used my AA atlas (good enlarged London map) plus Google maps on my phone.

I have the Tomtom 7100, very very good. Hasn’t gone down in price though. About 320 currently. Best and most important tool I have as a hgv Driver

HeavyOwl:
I have the Tomtom 7100, very very good. Hasn’t gone down in price though. About 320 currently. Best and most important tool I have as a hgv Driver

exactly mate ,
leave those cheap ones on e bay for the geezers that earn the most yet are still tighter than most
they are a false economy
tom tom truck sat navs pee over garmin , navman etc
you just cant go wrong

I use an app for android called Navigator on my smartphone. It’s free but if you want a “truck” mode you have to download tomtom maps for around £40. So far so good. I’m using it everyday for 2 months.

I’ve tried a Pronav - No good stay clear.

Tom Tom 5150 - Does what it said on the tin. Although IQ routes are annoying.

Standard car sat nav - epic fail.

Snooper S8000 - Fab, no issues, only downside is it is a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

villa:

HeavyOwl:

exactly mate ,
leave those cheap ones on e bay for the geezers that earn the most yet are still tighter than most
they are a false economy
tom tom truck sat navs pee over garmin , navman etc
you just cant go wrong

Not experienced the truck nav by TomTom so can’t comment, but I wouldn’t buy one based on my other experiences of TomTom. I use a Snooper in the truck which I find pretty good.

I have a Garmin Zumo motorcycle nav and it beats the TomTom Rider on every count… the routing on the Rider is awful…

I agree the cheap eBay ones are awful…and probably often the cause of folk driving down unsuitable roads…apart from the fact they are thick ■■■■■ as well of course!! :laughing: :laughing:

if you have a good phone then sat nav really is not needed google maps or a social satnav like waze.com/

Quinny:
Try the search button, or look in the Computer forum within the site.

Plenty of good advice about.

Ken.

+1