Sat nav

Just wondered. Any of you got a sat nav? If so which is the best. I want one that can drive my wagon without crashing. No smart arse answers please. I passed my test 2 weeks ago and trucker Jay is my hero. I got a start with a bloke last week but jacked it in because he wanted me to hook the unit to the trailer. The unit was terrible too. It was 58 plate r450. I’m only wanting super space top trotter liner. And it must be a V10. And by the way I’m a real driver. Ok already working on my goatee beard and I have a super dry polo shirt.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just buy a globe,job done…you’ll find you way to anywhere in the world then.

I’ve got a compass that I use via a moons and stars app on my iPhone. It’s for sale if you’re interested, as I’ve bought a new one from CDC that’s got freeview and camera detector

I’ve got one but you have to plug it in. You might want to check your contract first!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Happysack…i dont blame you for jacking it in before you started, especially with them having the nerve to ask you to hook up to a trailer…bloody cheek…i also turned doown a job because the firm asked me to drop a trailer…then pick it up again…i told them that was a complete waste of time…why not leave it where it was !!
As for the satnav…dont bother…they dont work…i`ve seen drivers go down narrow lanes, and also into rivers…bloody hell it even took one onto a railway line…they might be ok once the problems are ironed out but for now just use an atlas…i find the drops are a lot nearer than they actually are…good luck.

If it helps I have a mk 1 sputnik which I’ve recently replaced. Only 20 billion miles on the clock, open to offers over £50. :sunglasses:

I go for the Tom Tom Playingatbeingatrucker model, a snip at 800 quid, comes with a toilet roll holder attachment because it even tells you when you should wipe your own arse…an absolute must for the new age modern driver.

Taking cover right now. :smiley:

looked at garmin, tomtom, snooper etc. but they were all far too expensive, fortunately my dad had some spare homing pigeons so I use those.

I’ve got the same 6 drops every week, so I’ve got 6 pigeons, one for each drop.

i just tie 'em on a 20 foot piece of string and I keep an eye out for it changing direction as it flies out in front of the cab, works a treat except the pigeon I use for my Middlesbrough drop keeps ■■■■■■■■ all over the windscreen, perhaps it’s trying to tell me something :confused:

robroy:
I go for the Tom Tom Playingatbeingatrucker model, a snip at 800 quid, comes with a toilet roll holder attachment because it even tells you when you should wipe your own arse…an absolute must for the new age modern driver.

Taking cover right now. :smiley:

Well grandad no need for that attitude. Just cos your old and know it all. See when I got my lessons I had a go in manual truck. Bet you can’t drive one of them.

Anyway I need a sat nav soon cos I got an agency job and I’m doing a run from Carlisle to Livingstone. I drove up to Edinburgh once and didn’t see any signs for Livingstone.

My-satnav.jpg

Might be a bit Hi-Tech for some, but it’s never let me down.

My cpc trainer told me it’s illegal to use a sat nav inside the M25 if you’re agency due to bridge strikes. I had a lucky escape as I was due to do a Watford, but it was a 14 plate Volvo, and I hadn’t had any handbrake training. I refused it on health and safety grounds as the boss hadn’t specced a microwave, and I was worried about a night out as I’d never been to the job before. Can you even round trip Birmingham to Watford in a day?? I hate London anyway

happysack:
See when I got my lessons I had a go in manual truck. Bet you can’t drive one of them.

A Manuel truck?
Is that one of them Pegasos?

No you’re right,…never driven one.

]

You dont need a sat nav for Livingston,just look out for a Tesco trolly dolly and follow it.As its a new town its not on all of the maps yet.

happysack:
Just wondered. Any of you got a sat nav? If so which is the best. I want one that can drive my wagon without crashing. No smart arse answers please. I passed my test 2 weeks ago and trucker Jay is my hero. I got a start with a bloke last week but jacked it in because he wanted me to hook the unit to the trailer. The unit was terrible too. It was 58 plate r450. I’m only wanting super space top trotter liner. And it must be a V10. And by the way I’m a real driver. Ok already working on my goatee beard and I have a super dry polo shirt.

Not even funny shame really sometimes you talk sense,yes I know you’re trying to be ironic,not working.

happysack:

I’ll have a pint of what you’re drinking ta.

bobbya:

happysack:

Not even funny shame really sometimes you talk sense,yes I know you’re trying to be ironic,not working.

No just fed up of the morons that become wagon drivers

I’ve The Harmon deZl. Good bit of kit in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happysack:

bobbya:

happysack:

No just fed up of the morons that become wagon drivers

Try another job then ,myself I just switch off and let it all pass by makes for a stress free life,have a good day.