Sat nav....best one?

Hello all!

Hope ya doing ok

Anyone give me their opinion on the best sat nav for truck driving. I am looking for one which has bridges weights etc on it…anyone??

Cheers all!

S

just get a tom tom and add speedcams,
the maplins lorry sat nav is crap…
a normal tomtom will do just use common sense

I have to say there are loads of very recent posts on this.

DAFMAD:
I have to say there are loads of very recent posts on this.

agreed its mostly in search bar :wink:

Any Garmin or TT will do, just go for a cheap one, no more than £120 should be good enough.

direction navigator 8 truck is about the best at the moment it runs on pocket pc

Forgot to say sunshine you are not allowed to mention any thing that has been said before, you MUST go to search or you will upset the high and mighty… :unamused: :unamused:

Deepinvet:
Forgot to say sunshine you are not allowed to mention any thing that has been said before, you MUST go to search or you will upset the high and mighty… :unamused: :unamused:

I don’t want to be picky but that’s also been before :slight_smile:

Deepinvet:
Forgot to say sunshine you are not allowed to mention any thing that has been said before, you MUST go to search or you will upset the high and mighty… :unamused: :unamused:[/quote
it was meant as info nothing more, if you do a search you will find some good posts on the merits of most satnav units and i think thats what sunshine was after.why compare 2 when you can compare and get the views of many :smiley: :wink:

I have a sony nvu-83.

You can tell it if you a driving a truck, car (fast or slow :confused: ) or bike and it programmes the appropriate route.

Works good although not had to use the truck option yet.

Just a matter of time though hopefully :slight_smile:

Fair point Gez… :wink:

Deepinvet:
Fair point Gez… :wink:

no worries mate an thanks for reply :slight_smile:

jonah65:
I have a sony nvu-83.

You can tell it if you a driving a truck, car (fast or slow :confused: ) or bike and it programmes the appropriate route.

Works good although not had to use the truck option yet.

Just a matter of time though hopefully :slight_smile:

Have the same sat nav , been in london just about all week with it in my truck not had any problems yet though it will try to take you up small streets if you miss your turn but you only have to use your common sense to tell you not to go that way it will also keep re-routing you until you find better access.
It also has the option to block routes that you know are unsuitable,ie:7.5 ton,low bridges ect for future reference.
Plus got it for £110 which is quite cheap for a widescreen sat nav.

Hello.

I posted a topic on the Proline Snooper S2000 Truckmate here: trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33667

Very expensive unit but seems to do the trick.

Paul.

have look at the vdo they all use the same map data ie navteq transport. the are other applications and units coming out some for pocket pc one which in reveiwing at the moment and one im testing at the moment both do a good job
so have a good look round before you buy

Jen:
have look at the vdo they all use the same map data ie navteq transport.

it’s good map data, but still has problems in rural areas like Exmoor :wink:

sorry should of said it me alix posting that

they all have problems have a look at directions stuff using teleatlas data