Sat Nav speed camera question!

I have a Garmin Nuvi sat nav which i get automatic camera updates on, although i find that it misses some cameras or mobile sites that my old Snooper Evolution picked up. Question is anyone know if you can load alternative speed camera database’s if so where can i get them from? Also would like to get low bridges Etc, cant seem to get them from Garmin, any ideas :wink:

I used pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras when I lived in the UK, they have a lot of spotters and the database is kept up to date with regular downloads. You do have to pay to use it, but if you spot a new camera and its verified you get a free lifetime subscription. I have a lifetime subscription as I appear to be the only person in Poland spotting cameras for them :smiley:

I renewed my subscription as the West and East European coverage is now very good also and am now a verifier in Southern Poland :confused: :open_mouth: It seems to pick up mobile and standing sites very well, a 1,300 km drive to Denmark picked them all up recently and most of the time I am just reporting the correct speed, what they are and which side of the road, they rely of people reporting sites for them and then someone goes and checks, then its on the next release.

Worth a look and supports most makes of sat nav

drew128:
I used pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras when I lived in the UK, they have a lot of spotters and the database is kept up to date with regular downloads. You do have to pay to use it, but if you spot a new camera and its verified you get a free lifetime subscription. I have a lifetime subscription as I appear to be the only person in Poland spotting cameras for them :smiley:

I am one of those spotters here in the UK,and have been since the very early days of the database.The database is updated on average every 2 weeks,and is probably the most up to date information on t’internet.It has been known to update it weekly if there is a sudden surge.This is so it can be the best out there.

The ones provided by the manufacturers are so behind,it’s not worth the fee imo.

Ken.

Thanks for the replys, i’ll look into it tomoz :wink:

Quinny:

drew128:

I am one of those spotters here in the UK,and have been since the very early days of the database.The database is updated on average every 2 weeks,and is probably the most up to date information on t’internet.It has been known to update it weekly if there is a sudden surge.This is so it can be the best out there.

The ones provided by the manufacturers are so behind,it’s not worth the fee imo.

Ken.

ken have you got the 180 average cams that went up last week or do i need to get them next week :wink:

Haven’t been over that way for a while now Alix,but as a mod on PGPS,I’m sure you’ll know before I do! :laughing:

Ken.

I can see the excellent use that sat-navs have for directions etc but cannot see why there is a need for speed camera locations :confused: :confused:
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why a professional, safe, legal, LGV driver would need such info :question:

wish i had the time ken lol im mainly forums i leave the db to maft etc and dennis as no1 verifier :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: mainly

ROG:
I can see the excellent use that sat-navs have for directions etc but cannot see why there is a need for speed camera locations :confused: :confused:
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why a professional, safe, legal, LGV driver would need such info :question:

For me Rog, when I was in the UK I never broke speed limits, I have a clean license and I used the data base as extra insurance, maybe while in a new area I am looking out the window and not down at the speedo to see if I have drifted over the limit by mistake, so a reminder is good, its very useful, infact I am pretty boring, even in a car I was keeping to the speed limit, I felt that most of the driving was a bit suspect, so much preferred to look ahead, to the side and in the mirrors, see what madness was accruing, if a small voice in a box warns me about something, then I am happy for some extra help. I might miss an awful lot looking at the speedo or for a yellow box.

I use it for different reasons in Poland as I tear around like a lunatic now. I will qualify that statement better, in the UK it was hard to know what someone might do, I mean car drivers, but here its pretty much everyone doing the same, so if I don’t join in then I am the hazard, so I join in and its great fun, but if I am doing 130 kph to overtake some trucks on A road then I need to know when to squeeze back in for a 70 kph camera or just get shielded by a truck body as we pass a camera. We have an awful lot of 100 kph express ways down to 70, 60, 50 kph for side roads with cameras on, the cameras are dark grey, if I know they are there, then I can adjust my speed rather than slamming on at the last second with whatever is behind me joining me in the front seat. “Every little helps” I should point out in Poland I just drive cars or vans.