SAT-NAV'S

Halfords have some great deals on SAT-NAV’s just now.
Thinking about getting one with the speed camera detector built in.
Does it do all types of speed camera?(fixed/mobile)
Looking at Road Angel and TomTom,any other makes worth a look?
Click
Click

Tom Tom

gsm31:
Does it do all types of speed camera?(fixed/mobile)

Think about it for a minute, they would have a hard job doing mobile cameras because they are, well, err, mobile. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:
They might warn you when you are approaching a location where a mobile camera is often set up but they can’t know about a camera that can spring up anywhere.

I am waiting for the day that Osama Bomb Loading takes over and switches off all the American satellites :smiley:

Unless George Bush does it first.

Now that would cause chaos

Wheel Nut:
I am waiting for the day that Osama Bomb Loading takes over and switches off all the American satellites :smiley:

Unless George Bush does it first.

Now that would cause chaos

Depends if he does it before or after the European Galileo system is up. :wink: :smiley:

Look on the bright side though, think of all those low bridges that won’t get struck because - “My SatNav sent me this way” :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

most of the systems ion the market at the moment will have some form of poi (point of interest) warning except for halfords own navsure range.

one that hit my list for small and porable

navman f20

garmin nuvi 300 (or 310D if you cand stretch to it )

tomtom one v2

mio c210

all of the above units will take cameras but if you got for one of these units you are stuck with that’s system’s maps

if you went for something like a t-mobile compact3 you have a wide choice of applications including topographic apps OS maps. another advantage is that you’ll always take it oiut of the truck or car and with th right holder the theives won’t know you’ve got satnav in the car

alix776:
if you went for something like a t-mobile compact3 you have a wide choice of applications including topographic apps OS maps. another advantage is that you’ll always take it oiut of the truck or car and with th right holder the theives won’t know you’ve got satnav in the car

Alix could you recommend any more fone based ones like that T-Mobile thing. I did like the look of it but not to keen on T mobile.

o2 have a version of the same thing and he rest of the xda range from o2

orange have the spv range

and mst nnokias will take tomtom copilot or route66, navicore etc but most will need a blue tooth gps receiver

so o2 orbit i think its calledis the only real option for you unless you go sim free from somewhere like expansys but you pay full price for the handset

Think about it for a minute, they would have a hard job doing mobile cameras because they are, well, err, mobile. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:
They might warn you when you are approaching a location where a mobile camera is often set up but they can’t know about a camera that can spring up anywhere.

Sat Nav logs a camera position.
Detectors detect a fixed radio frequency thats transmitted from the camera box.
Works just like old fashioned radar.
Lazer also is a fixed frequency which can be detected.

Hi guys, Nuby, done tramping in van & drag… Hooked. Want bigger.

This is the one i have.

halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor … ryrn_81865