Best Satnav?

Looking at getting one. Which is the best valued one on the market please? Also I want one with MOBILE spped detection devices on too please. I here that all just speed trap devices (like Road Angel) are shortly to become illegal, but not if the faclitiy is fitted to one which is primarily a Sat Nav.
Any suggestions are welcome please.

I’ve got a TomTom One Europe and although it doesn’t come with speed cameras installed as standard, it’s an easy job to download them as POIs from pocketgpsworld for the cost of a month’s subscription (about £3 iirc) and this includes sites used by camera vans, or “Talivans” as I believe they are known.

TomTom :smiley:

with a name like that! :open_mouth: an old mate of mine was called DD for a bloody good reason too! :laughing: i aint gona recomend one because ive got a feeling that your highly likely to meet a bridge thats 3 foot lower than your truck! or a railway track! :laughing: you just aint gona in-still confidence in alot of people with a name like that :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks. Which Tom Tom though? I just need one thats has a scren to show the roads, a voice to tell me to turn round and a siren to tell me when the local old bill are trying to catch motorists trying to earn a living.

dangerousdave:
Thanks. Which Tom Tom though? I just need one thats has a scren to show the roads, a voice to tell me to turn round and a siren to tell me when the local old bill are trying to catch motorists trying to earn a living.

Tom Tom One does it for me.

I use a Tomtom 910, as already said it’s an easy job to download and install the speed cameras, you can also get the bridge heights for the Tomtom but I haven’t tried those yet so can’t comment.
As has been said many times before but is always worth mentioning again, never rely solely on a sat nav especially in a truck because it will try to take you down unsuitable roads.

Try eBay you can find them new at very good prices, If you do use ebay check out the sellers feedback and you should be OK.

tachograph:
I use a Tomtom 910, as already said it’s an easy job to download and install the speed cameras, you can also get the bridge heights for the Tomtom but I haven’t tried those yet so can’t comment.

I’ve got bridge heights, there are far more on the POI than there are in the AA Truckers Atlas as the POIs include bridges on minor roads too. I paid for mine, then discovered ten minutes afterwards that you can get them for free. :confused: :cry: :cry:

tom tom 910 does it for me too i got the bridge poi but as i only pull 13’3" high trailers dont use it to its full but any one got weight limit poi for tomtom let me know or low bridges rest of europe ta very glad

Tom Tom 510, excellent… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Dave i have the latest tomtom 720(5 WEEKS OLD STILL BOXED 2 year guarentee) for sale installed with speed cam warnings etc if your interested let me know m8

TEL.

Harry,

where could I find the bridge heights for free ?

Ian.

try to go for tomtom one v2 dont g for the lastest one v3 as some functions have been removed we have asked tomtom but theres no reply yet
i dont think youll see hgv maapping on tomtom for at least 12 months but i do know that both teleatlas (who tomtom are currently in the process of buying) and navteq are working on this subject

ianf6512:
Harry,

where could I find the bridge heights for free ?

Ian.

Do a search for Willow-House, in TruckNet UK, or probably even your preferred internet search-engine. This question was answered last weekend.

Tomtom 520, got the bridges truckstops and speed camera thingies on it. Have set the speed parameters to suit the wagon too.