safe route?

hello, can any body tell me if i can go from kidderminster to hereford in a 15’9 trailer? been looking at my map and have never used the A456 west bound towards the A49 heading for leominster,any weight restrictions?

I can’t help you with bridge heights, but I reckon you’ll be fine under any low bridges if you go fast enough :smiling_imp: And you’ll deffo be ok on the way back :laughing:

Pretty sure its fine. Kiddy, bewdley by-pass, past tenbury, join the A49 at Woofferton, then the A49 is fine to Hereford.

Wouldn’t like to be that high very often!

Yep, just checked the Atlas to be sure, but you only pass beneath one bridge, that on the Severn Valley Railway at Bewdley and that does not have a height listed (so is over 16’ 6")

Used it a fair few times,no low ones to go under,it gets a bit bendy in some places but most of it is fine nothing to worry about :wink:

Harry Monk:
Yep, just checked the Atlas to be sure, but you only pass beneath one bridge, that on the Severn Valley Railway at Bewdley and that does not have a height listed (so is over 16’ 6")

wouldnt fancy taking an artic through Bewdley theres a weight limit , cant rember what it is atm, and also gas main works in the town, youd` be better following the A456 bypass around the place

andyp85:
Pretty sure its fine. Kiddy, bewdley by-pass, past tenbury, join the A49 at Woofferton, then the A49 is fine to Hereford.

Wouldn’t like to be that high very often!

thank you andy, taff and harry, did the route given and was all ok,did struggle with 39 tonne on the merc “hacksaw” at clows top.