Destination Hereford [Merged]

Evening all,

Journey from Leyland J28 to Hereford early in the morning, I usually come off the M5 at Worcester, but ive heard theres been a few problems as of late around there including a bridge closure?.. any update from local people?

Stay safe out there tonight chaps. Winds stronger outside than it is in my cab for a change! :laughing:

Sorry, pressed back button on the phone and it decided to refresh and repost. Cant find a delete button, please delete admin. Thankyou and sorry

Hello Bodycarelad was that you going south on the A76 at Sanquhar this morning. Eddie.

You mean Worcester under Severn? Only use if you have water wings. You may be better off going down the M50 to Ross in Wye and then taking the A49 to Hereford. Whichever way you go it’s damp.

On tonight’s news river levels at Worcester are at 2007 levels AND rising.

Hi,

Did a drop to Worcester earlier today. The central area is the bit that is closed, but there was quite a bit of flooding in patches on surrounding routes.

Maybe a bit of an issue with the amount of wind as some of the trees were already looking a bit precarious.

If you’re coming through early doors, the bypass should be fine. Last I heard the A4103 was closed at Bransford. That may change overnight depending how much rain we get. You could always go A44 into leominster and then down the A49 into Hereford if need be though. Whereabouts are you tipping in da 'ford?

herefordtimes.com/li/traffic.in.Hereford/

erfguy:
Hello Bodycarelad was that you going south on the A76 at Sanquhar this morning. Eddie.

Hi Eddie, No it wasnt mate, We have 3 colour features in our fleet, Fluro Green, Purple and Orange, mine being 1 of the 4 orange Motors we have. Ive been dotting around the lake district today around Barrow and Ulverston.

Thanks for all your replies folks, might have to consider my options on this one considering it dosent sound too promising, and the night isnt over yet! Il be setting off just after 4am, (stupid WTD you see…) So should be hitting the worcester area around 0645ish… I was going to use the A440 then onto A4103… Hmmmm. Cheers for the help folks, might play it safe and use the M50 and A49.

Pwyll:
If you’re coming through early doors, the bypass should be fine. Last I heard the A4103 was closed at Bransford. That may change overnight depending how much rain we get. You could always go A44 into leominster and then down the A49 into Hereford if need be though. Whereabouts are you tipping in da 'ford?

Central shopping area mate, Bodycare. Drive through a weird tunnel/precync area… strange drop. Then make my way to Cwmbran then Newport… Then back upto Leyland, I can see me having a few problems tomorrow :laughing:

How about the A49 all the way down from Warrington M56?
We use that way a lot. Good road no probs all the way to Abergavenny mate.

I hope the boathouse survives this weather…

bodycarelad:

erfguy:

Hi Eddie, No it wasnt mate, We have 3 colour features in our fleet, Fluro Green, Purple and Orange, mine being 1 of the 4 orange Motors we have. Ive been dotting around the lake district today around Barrow and Ulverston.

Thanks for all your replies folks, might have to consider my options on this one considering it dosent sound too promising, and the night isnt over yet! Il be setting off just after 4am, (stupid WTD you see…) So should be hitting the worcester area around 0645ish… I was going to use the A440 then onto A4103… Hmmmm. Cheers for the help folks, might play it safe and use the M50 and A49.

M50 and then back up it is then. The road between Aber and Cwmbran will be closed. There is a diversion but the signage is â– â– â– â– â–  and the roads even more so. Keep your wits about you, us Welsh take no prisoners.

Oh, and best of luck with Hereford traffic at that time of day too. :wink:

A49 all the way down.
The diversion around the closed A4042 takes you west on the 465, off for Abergavenny, left for Llanfoist, through a 7 1/2t limit and up the lane past the golf club. Only a short diversion, the lane is a big lane, it’s tight past busses and other trucks, it’s not a bad route though. I’ve pulled fridges and flats through there, and will again.
Happy motoring

There is currently 2 lanes closed on M50 eastbound at J2 for Flooding. Westbound it’s listed as an accident again at J2. Supposed to be cleared by 02:00.

Suggest you check the HA website before committing to any route in the morning.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/traffic-information/

The bridge on the A44 at Worcester is shut, and the A4103 is showing on the BBC weather site as shut at Chapel Lane junction because of flooding. Your best way at the moment might be down the M50 to J2, along the A417 to Ledbury then along the A438 to Hereford. Either that or just follow the M50 to Ross and pick up the A49 to Hereford.

Avoid worcester at ALL costs. The traffic is totally shocking. Only go via M50 and A49 to ross then hereford.

bodycarelad:
Sorry, pressed back button on the phone and it decided to refresh and repost. Cant find a delete button, please delete admin. Thankyou and sorry

Hi bcl,

I’ve sorted it for you, the posts are all merged into this topic now. :smiley:

Ryan, :wink: A49 :sunglasses: our kid all the way down :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Thanks Diesel Dave!

Well just though id tell you how it went, which tour of wales I went on, how much more my bald patch at the age of 23 shows… you get the gist…

Started off at 4am, had a good run down to Strensham servs (M50), I decided to go this way as my sat nav was saying half of worcester was closed and i find a roads such a bore, would rather be on CC doing 90kms. Had 15 mins at strensham, quick mcdonalds :wink: … Depart again along the M50, everything fine at this point untill I hit some awful traffic at the end of the M50 and up the A49… 1 hour to do 2 miles…

Depart for Cwmbran, gets heading south, A4042 Closed, had to use the A40 and onto the M4… Very late at this point, we dont have slots or anything its just job get back and finish.

Short run to Newport okay, no problems. Long story ‘shorter’, Massive diversions, floods like ive never seen in my life, trees everywhere, roadworks… Got back to Leyland and Tacho card out on 9hrs 40mins drive time, 14hr 15min shift… Truly knackered, I guess we all have bad days! Now to sleep for more tomorrow! :laughing: