Sad Day.

Due to my best pall’s, Mr Livingstone, Low Emission Zone :imp: . Today I said a sad farewell to my old 144L :cry: :cry: We’d been every where together,shared many a laugh and she got me out of a few tight spotts all be it a bit too fast. I’ve now got a 460 Gobbstopper :unamused: which is not a bad motor but life will never be the same. Any one else had their heart ripped out by uncle Ken :laughing: ? Cheers Mr Livingstone!!! :smiling_imp:

Delivered a Scanny to a neighbor of yours who has a 144 as well, for just the same reason.

Still, you will maybe get more off the Africans for the ‘old un’ than the new one cost.

Any one else had their heart ripped out by uncle Ken

Yes.

The bloody thing passed and I can still go there.

GUTTED.

Pirate:
Due to my best pall’s, Mr Livingstone, Low Emission Zone :imp: . Today I said a sad farewell to my old 144L :cry: :cry: We’d been every where together,shared many a laugh and she got me out of a few tight spotts all be it a bit too fast. I’ve now got a 460 Gobbstopper :unamused: which is not a bad motor but life will never be the same. Any one else had their heart ripped out by uncle Ken :laughing: ? Cheers Mr Livingstone!!! :smiling_imp:

gone but never forgotten like a first/second wife a thing of our yoooth :laughing: :laughing:

So let me get this straight, a 144 can’t go into the LEZ?
Thats crazy.

I am right to assume that you mean a 4 series Scania, aren’t I?

Thats it, a 4 series. The 144L 460 is on the LEZ list of engines that is able to be emision tested to see if it is clean enogh for the LEZ. But the 530 is not on the list. To be fair I dont think it would have stood a hope in hells chance of passing. Still gutted though :cry:

Thats knocked me sideways. What crazy legislation. That really has stunned me.

I’m sorry for your loss…I wish we could swear on here.

Not the end of the world. The money will still be there at the end of the week, even if the week isn’t as enjoyable as it used to be. :wink:

I phoned LEZ about my V8 530 mack and they could’nt stop laughhing so she’s gone as well

Ken won’t be happy until all businesses are closed in London as hes going the right way about, You will find mps and councils most probably won’t have to pay it and will the embassies pay it i think not as I think they will class it as a tax like the congestion charge which is also a tax really. You will also loose tourists with motorhomes as they will go elsewhere now.

Ok this maybe total niave of me but how would the police this?
and is for only operater operating in the zone?
or is it everyone? ie if i was taking a load into the city would i be let in/charged etc? if i had a 530 scania or the mack engined truck■■? :question:

I think its to be done the same way as the congestion charge, numberplates checked against a database, if you are a vehicle over the set size and you haven’t been marked as compliant then you get sent the “fee”

Alex

Red Ken is full of dogmuck, if he was serious about sorting out the air quality in ‘his’ city he would introduce a charge for cars (who cause most of the pollution) and he would phase the traffic lights so you don’t stop-start all the time.

I hope all the trucks & vans leave him and his city to rot. :imp:

It’s also hitting us very hard convoy-wise. We now have to pay £200 per truck per day to travel the 1 mile from A13 Ferry Lane exit to the A13 Dagenham exit so that we can get the ferry. That’s an extra £1600 per year that we, as a charity, have to “find”.

TfL are such lovely, charitable people :imp:

Scarab:
I think its to be done the same way as the congestion charge, numberplates checked against a database, if you are a vehicle over the set size and you haven’t been marked as compliant then you get sent the “fee”

Not quite. If you go in driving a non-compliant truck, then you have to phone up and pay the £200 per day charge (or do it via the internet etc.).

If you go in driving a non-compliant truck and don’t pay on or before the day (and they spot you in the zone), then they send you a penalty charge of £1000.

So, basically, just like the congestion charge. You’re expected to pay it without being billed, as if you don’t, you’ll get a bill for a much higher amount.

The cameras on the A13 have certainly been working since last September, as I got letters for both of my trucks basically saying “if you drive that truck in after 4th Feb then you’ll have to pay”.

Here are the penalties for the LEZ, it’s not cheap.

More information

There have been cameras springing up all over London and the routes in and out of London, similar sort of thing to the congestion charge ones. On a 3 lane road there are 4 cameras just to be sure not miss anything.

Of course they are not actually going to recoup a huge amount of cash from the £200’s as it’s ridiculously uneconomical to go there in a non compliant motor. In that respect it will keep out the dirtiest (appicable) motors.

However like a speed camera that does it’s supposed job of keeping the speed down it won’t generate enough revenue to pay for itself so there has got to be some other nasty catch.

There are rumours about the congestion charge spreading across the London boroughs (sound familiar?) and costing up to £25/day for a private car.

My W reg FH 16 520 just passed the Emissions test for LEZ , no problem at all.

Went into London first day of new controls so waiting to see if the paperwork got processed correctly or if I ll be hit with an attempt to get £ 1000 out of me

what about foriegn trucks cutting across london,will they have to pay.

OLT:
what about foriegn trucks cutting across london,will they have to pay.

Course not, they’re foreign, they can do what they want :unamused: