S and K in barry

Anyone got any info on s and k transport in barry souyh wales

I know they’re referred to as skint and knackered from barry. Tells it’s own story doesn’t it.

they used to go to europe a while back they probably still do

Anything to do with this? From joke shop today.

jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj … =BAP/32829

Wayne:
Anything to do with this? From joke shop today.

jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj … =BAP/32829

Yes it is How did you guss :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Was not hard to guess, I think there are a couple of drivers on here who work for them. Can not think of their names though.

Sorry but i know a jobs a job and some of us are lucky enough to have quite well paid one’s but that’s a joke for class 1.

rustyoldbolt:
Sorry but i know a jobs a job and some of us are lucky enough to have quite well paid one’s but that’s a joke for class 1.

I was told you would be earning about £450 top line then night out money on top which if your out for two weeks 13 nights out your could earn another £260 at £20 per nite out

Big ■■■■:

rustyoldbolt:

I was told you would be earning about £450 top line then night out money on top which if your out for two weeks 13 nights out your could earn another £260 at £20 per nite out

But weekending only gets you £32 a day if your on break. And you will never ever see top line, believe me, i worked there and the most i ever took home was £500 for 7 days. The trucks arent much either, if something like the aircon or stereo pack up then tough ■■■■, you wont get it replaced.

from other threads on here about the same company, if you are not a sheep shagger, don’t bother applying :unamused:

Drove alonside one on the M25 the other day the driver was wearing a Welsh Bandanna :open_mouth: , that looked liked he had never cleaned it mind you the driver didn’t look to friendly with soap…

still going abroad seen one last week paying cash at st omer peage . work it out for yourself .

Hours: 40 per week.

Hmm, let me tell you a little story about that. A mate of mine called up a firm that were advertising in the Job centre, 40 hours per week, 5 nights out bla bla. When he spoke to the person on the phone they said is he happy running max hours every week? He said no the advert says 40 per week to which they replied “we only put that on the advert because of the WTD”. So I doubt very much you’ll be doing 40 hours for your £260 per week with that mob in Barry

Work for them at your peril, if your not from “the valleys” forget it also, you will get so much ■■■■ you would be able to open a shop selling the stuff - just my opinion mind, they may have changed in the last 10 years, I doubt it but you never know, the only good thing is that they have to pay to use the SC as well as us. :smiley:

Speek to Gunner-till-I-Die aka Simon he’s on for them. He’s over the water at the mo dose 3 away ie home every 3rd weekend then ships back out …
He seams happy enough but then all jobs have ups and downs.
Are you on Farce book if so pm me

Thanks for all the info above and all the pms , big ■■■■

they do a lot for Dow Corning in Barry to Seneffe, Belgium.
kidby, the boss, knows his pay is a joke but says that as they are back and fore europe 2 or 3 times a week they make enough money on ■■■■ and baccy.
they are known in south wales as shopping trollies for this reason, and as garnerlives said they are well known as Skint and Knackered.
old volvo fleet not well kept and pay is aledgedly(spelling!) based on percentage of truck earnings but they’re not very open about how much the truck earns
I lived in Barry from nappies and its the only company that i wouldn’t touch with a bargepole

welshboyinspain:
kidby, the boss, knows his pay is a joke but says that as they are back and fore europe 2 or 3 times a week they make enough money on ■■■■ and baccy.
they are known in south wales as shopping trollies for this reason, and as garnerlives said they are well known as Skint and Knackered.
old volvo fleet not well kept and pay is aledgedly(spelling!) based on percentage of truck earnings but they’re not very open about how much the truck earns
I lived in Barry from nappies and its the only company that i wouldn’t touch with a bargepole

Ive worked there and its what he says :slight_smile:

daleyboy:

welshboyinspain:

Ive worked there and its what he says :slight_smile:

Hi daleyboy
Was there a guy called Roger Hooper on there when you were there? think he lived in Mountain Ash. I worked with him years ago for a Swindon firm and he left and went on for them.

Cheers

John.

Hi John

The name dosent ring a bell, but then i didnt really talk to most of the other drivers. The only ones i spent any time with were Gypsy, city crusier and winnie.