S and K in barry

Ive known quite a few lads work for them and most not from south wales, usually a few weekended in folkestone and they all seem happy enough. Easy work for average wages so they say (and if we are all honest, £500 a week for continental is about the going rate these days!)

I spoke to City Cruiser not long after he started at Skint & Knackered.
He reckoned that the Skint bit was right enough, but the Knackered was due to tired eyes from playing computer games, killing time, not working long hours.

I first met City Cruiser when we were at Murfitts.
I spoke to him when we were parked up at Habay one bank holiday Monday, a year or two ago :sunglasses: .

daleyboy:
Hi John

The name dosent ring a bell, but then i didnt really talk to most of the other drivers. The only ones i spent any time with were Gypsy, city crusier and winnie.

Hi daleydoy
As far as I know he has left S & K and was living in Spain, he married a girl from Mountain Ash and moved down there. I saw him a couple of times and he said the job was OK, he was running over the water all the time, I think at the time he had a 350 Merc. But as I said this was a few years ago.

Cheers

John.

Simon:
I spoke to City Cruiser not long after he started at Skint & Knackered.
He reckoned that the Skint bit was right enough, but the Knackered was due to tired eyes from playing computer games, killing time, not working long hours.

I first met City Cruiser when we were at Murfitts.
I spoke to him when we were parked up at Habay one bank holiday Monday, a year or two ago :sunglasses: .

I met him through a mate of mine who worked at murfitts called Les AKA Tiny. Lovely bloke and will happily help you out if your in bother.

skids:
Ive known quite a few lads work for them and most not from south wales, usually a few weekended in folkestone and they all seem happy enough. Easy work for average wages so they say (and if we are all honest, £500 a week for continental is about the going rate these days!)

Don’t think to far out with £500 skids from what I can make out.

Simon… Did you ever meet Spanish Bob on Murfitts? I meet him a few times in Dover, he was a good laugh, a lot of the Murfitts crew were good lads to have a beer with.

Cheers

John.

Steve-o:
Hours: 40 per week.

Hmm, let me tell you a little story about that. A mate of mine called up a firm that were advertising in the Job centre, 40 hours per week, 5 nights out bla bla. When he spoke to the person on the phone they said is he happy running max hours every week? He said no the advert says 40 per week to which they replied “we only put that on the advert because of the WTD”. So I doubt very much you’ll be doing 40 hours for your £260 per week with that mob in Barry

But continental work isn’t a 40 hour a week job, that’s a given. Who would want to stop at 3 p.m. every day anyway?

As said, £500 a week is the going rate for continental work.

Big ■■■■:

rustyoldbolt:
Sorry but i know a jobs a job and some of us are lucky enough to have quite well paid one’s but that’s a joke for class 1.

I was told you would be earning about £450 top line then night out money on top which if your out for two weeks 13 nights out your could earn another £260 at £20 per nite out

but you will spend £300.00 plus

doh

green456:

Big ■■■■:

rustyoldbolt:
Sorry but i know a jobs a job and some of us are lucky enough to have quite well paid one’s but that’s a joke for class 1.

I was told you would be earning about £450 top line then night out money on top which if your out for two weeks 13 nights out your could earn another £260 at £20 per nite out

doh

I must be missing something here, why would you spend £300 plus.

I think Gypsy is still on S & K (probably always will be!).

And yeah, why would you be spending £300 plus■■?

skids:

my guess would be a baghouse!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thetaff:

skids:

my guess would be a baghouse!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Must be some class bags :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

maybe thats theyre weeks board and lodge in the unit!

green456:

doh

is that from personal experience? :open_mouth: how do you spend 40 to 50 quid a day? are you paying the tolls for the boss :question: :laughing: :laughing:
i eat out every night out in spain france and germany and i spend less than 100 euros a week

welshboyinspain:

green456:

doh

is that from personal experience? :open_mouth: how do you spend 40 to quid a day? are you paying the tolls for the boss :question: :laughing: :laughing:
i eat out every night out in spain france and germany and i spend less than 100 euros a week

Less than €100 a week is about right for me too.

I know both Tiny (The Mighty Atom) and Spanish Bob.
Unfortunately I haven’t seen or spoken to either of them for a long time :frowning:

Simon:

welshboyinspain:

green456:

doh

is that from personal experience? :open_mouth: how do you spend 40 to quid a day? are you paying the tolls for the boss :question: :laughing: :laughing:

Less than €100 a week is about right for me too.

I know both Tiny (The Mighty Atom) and Spanish Bob.
Unfortunately I haven’t seen or spoken to either of them for a long time :frowning:

where does the name the mighty atom come from then? If you want me to pass a message on to him I will, I am in almost daily contact with tiny.

I also heard that spanish bob is very ill.

Not good news about Bob then, let’s hope he gets better. Working it out now it’s 10 years since I last saw him.

altitude:

green456:

Big ■■■■:

rustyoldbolt:

doh

I must be missing something here, why would you spend £300 plus.

13 nights out & weekly rest, away from home i would spend that, unless you cook in cab n sit in it all day n nite twiddling yer thumbs

green456:
13 nights out & weekly rest, away from home i would spend that, unless you cook in cab n sit in it all day n nite twiddling yer thumbs

Yep, that’s about what I would spend in a fortnight away, Germany particularly is very expensive, Schnitnel, chips, salad and just a couple of beers is knocking on for £25 nowadays.

Harry Monk:

green456:

Yep, that’s about what I would spend in a fortnight away, Germany particularly is very expensive, Schnitnel, chips, salad and just a couple of beers is knocking on for £25 nowadays.

€100 for 2 weeks away sounds about right, possibly a bit more depending on where you spend your weekend.
£25 for schnitzel, chips, salad and beer sounds a bit pricey though Harry.
Including parking of €5, at an autohof in Germany, I’d expect to spend about €17 for that. I’d get back the €5 from my boss in expenses, making my evening meal and beer around €12.
If I’ve parked at the customer and gone to a place in town, I’d still expect to spend up to about €17.