S&K Transport Barry South Wales

Can anyone tel me what this company r like these days im considering taking a job on there cheers chaps

jimmy will:
Can anyone tel me what this company r like these days im considering taking a job on there cheers chaps

Like someone has previously said, a lot of people from South Wales wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole, make of that what you will.

Ok mate thanks for the time :slight_smile:

I have just been weekended with an S&K driver. He showed me his schedule. two of the drops were classed as EXPRESS.
They’d give him 5 days to get to his first EXPRESS delivery, Which was less than 3 days from Barry. So they don’t push you.
He had a phone call from the office whilst i was with him. They seemed very polite.
Most drivers seem to be taking home about £550 per week.
I earn quite a bit more than that, But i have to work for it. If you broke my week and an S&K week into hourly pay, I reckon they’d be on more per hour than me.

If my job ever ended and I had to get back behind the wheel ,
then they would be one of the first firms I would be calling ,
The French Norberts depot I worked at used to be like that , you would load Monday morning in Lille for delivery in Northern Italy on the Wednesday/Thursday
no pressure or arse chasing ,

Nice one mind made

andi_cardiff:

jimmy will:

Like someone has previously said, a lot of people from South Wales wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole, make of that what you will.

A negative comment from someone who doesn’t/hasn’t worked for them :unamused: why ■■ post building ■■
One hell of a lot of Barry drivers that DO work for them!! “Make of THAT what you will”

I work for them, have done for several years now, try it for yourself, make your own mind up, forget the pratts that only make inane comments based on mmtm information.

skorpio:

andi_cardiff:

jimmy will:

A negative comment from someone who doesn’t/hasn’t worked for them :unamused: why ■■ post building ■■
One hell of a lot of Barry drivers that DO work for them!! “Make of THAT what you will”

I work for them, have done for several years now, try it for yourself, make your own mind up, forget the pratts that only make inane comments based on mmtm information.

No need to get all precious, he asked, I answered with my views!

I’ve worked for several companies around Barry and Cardiff and the general consensus from talking to people who have worked for them is that none of them would want to go back at all. God forbid people have opinions eh?!

“God forbid people have opinions eh?!”

Opinions based on personal experience are fine, those based on mmtm can’t really be considered, especially when one considers the number of local drivers that do work for them,Most of those that slag them off have “history”, you work it out||

I worked for S&K for a short while walked because of a falling out with a traffic operator, stupid thing to do,go back tomorrow if I could.Never understand pay structure but it’s not bad.

Just a quick one for the people that work there… Why do a Lot of your trailers have double the normal amount of straps on the curtains? If I remember reading a few years ago you do a lot of hazardous, I assume it may be something to do with that when taking haz abroad??

kindle530:
Why do a Lot of your trailers have double the normal amount of straps on the curtains?

That’s a good question as one went pass me yesterday and i was thinking the same, it must be an ■■■ undoing all of them.

S&K are recruiting. There are a lot of people here looking for Euro tramping jobs. Why not try them for yourselves, and not listen to the ■■■■■■■■ on here? :wink:

Nobody actually ever comes out with the proper pay do they? It’s all mmtm

Do you not fancy s&k Vern ?

He ‘does’nt want’ to drive artics!

I believe that the number of straps is a Dow Corning requirement for us to carry their products, as are the load restraining curtains. And yes, they are a PITA :wink:

cheers Sarge.

gunner1983:
Nobody actually ever comes out with the proper pay do they? It’s all mmtm

I remember once someone came out with the pay structure and how it’s all worked out but this was a couple of years ago now, and boy it was complicated . :confused:

It’s still complicated, but it pays my bills - and around 120 other drivers’ bills too :wink: