New job

Start a new job on s & k tomorrow, not been over the water for ten years so should be interesting

Good luck mate…

Good Luck :slight_smile:.

Do you live in Barry or are you travelling?

I live in portsmouth so traveling up this morning

Keep us posted on how you get on James

james1973:
I live in portsmouth so traveling up this morning

The reason I ask is I applied last year and they weren’t impressed I lived so far away (J22 M5).

Looks to be just an excuse.

Their loss :wink:

Good luck. Let us all know how it goes.

Im going to get slated by the pro sk lads now but after getting a job there i didnt go out on the road. The truck was what most companies would use for a shunter, nevermind running european. The truck wouldnt even start which set alarm bells ringing as nobody seemed bothered. There was a lot that didnt sit right with me. I really dont understand the pay scheme either, if there was nothing to hide then why do you only get a low basic for 2 weeks and then your bonus the 3rd week ? But what really made my mind up was the fact that i saw one lads wage sleep after jokjng with him that “he shouldnt spend it all at once”. He said “its hard not to” and showed me his slip of £240 take home. Now whether or not you get a bonus the 3rd week, that money was a disgrace. I saw it with my own eyes. That coupled with the mancy truck and trailers made my mind up. I actually found andy donnelly to be a decent guy and also the other lad in the office but to me (and it is my own opinion) that something wasnt right. There were other factors in me not wanting to go out but i wont broadcast them. Mr donnelly has the hardest job going as he has to reel it all off every week or 2 due to the turnover of drivers. They must be doing something right as people on here like sarge seem happy enough there but to me the setup was strange. Interested to hear how you get on. Ive had a few personal message exchanges with people regarding s&k and it all seems to be of the same vibe that i got !!!

Well i have read a fair bit now about them on here over the last few years and i would work for them, they seem to let you take the truck home, you can do local ish or European, they don’t appear to push you, they are willing to give you a go over the water even if you ain’t got much or any experience, ok the fleet is not the newest but it seems to be well maintained and the pay didn’t seem overly bad when taking into account the extras.
All in all if i wasn’t married and wanted to have a pop at Euro work i would ring them.

Best of luck to you !!!

Hope you enjoy it mate, i had a bit of a break like you did, and i find it quite souless now compared to even just 10 years ago !
But i still enjoy it !!

Kerbdog:
Im going to get slated by the pro sk lads now but after getting a job there i didnt go out on the road. The truck was what most companies would use for a shunter, nevermind running european. The truck wouldnt even start which set alarm bells ringing as nobody seemed bothered. There was a lot that didnt sit right with me. I really dont understand the pay scheme either, if there was nothing to hide then why do you only get a low basic for 2 weeks and then your bonus the 3rd week ? But what really made my mind up was the fact that i saw one lads wage sleep after jokjng with him that “he shouldnt spend it all at once”. He said “its hard not to” and showed me his slip of £240 take home. Now whether or not you get a bonus the 3rd week, that money was a disgrace. I saw it with my own eyes. That coupled with the mancy truck and trailers made my mind up. I actually found andy donnelly to be a decent guy and also the other lad in the office but to me (and it is my own opinion) that something wasnt right. There were other factors in me not wanting to go out but i wont broadcast them. Mr donnelly has the hardest job going as he has to reel it all off every week or 2 due to the turnover of drivers. They must be doing something right as people on here like sarge seem happy enough there but to me the setup was strange. Interested to hear how you get on. Ive had a few personal message exchanges with people regarding s&k and it all seems to be of the same vibe that i got !!!

andy donnelly to be a decent guy (is a complete ■■■■ who has never been further than Belgium, who went white when I’d finished telling him where I had taken trucks)

Mr donnelly has the hardest job going as he has to reel it all off every week or 2 due to the turnover of drivers. (Ask yourself why the turnover, you will work it out in the end lol)

you made the right decision

bald bloke:
Well i have read a fair bit now about them on here over the last few years and i would work for them, they seem to let you take the truck home, you can do local ish or European, they don’t appear to push you, they are willing to give you a go over the water even if you ain’t got much or any experience, ok the fleet is not the newest but it seems to be well maintained and the pay didn’t seem overly bad when taking into account the extras.
All in all if i wasn’t married and wanted to have a pop at Euro work i would ring them.

they don’t appear to push you,

Oh they will and if you wont be pushed you will take home £300 a week Neil Kidby will see to it lol. Stick with Culina its a cushy number lol

You’ll laugh your plums off when you see what they give you as a spare airline. I did!! :open_mouth:

akaday:
You’ll laugh your plums off when you see what they give you as a spare airline. I did!! :open_mouth:

What on earth can you use instead of an actual airline ? Garden Hose ?
Come on tell us all.

Well first week is nearly done. I’m shipping out for my second belguim in the morning and I can’t disagree to any of what’s been said yeah the lorries ain’t up to much and mine did need a good clean inside, can’t comment on the pay till I’ve done a few weeks and they don’t hassle you at all, they asked me where I wanted to go and if I never contacted them I wouldn’t hear from them.

Ill keep you updated tho

pierrot 14:

akaday:

Come on tell us all.

This will be it, and only one!! And the spare bulb kit is also one of each bulb!!
So your ■■■■■■ if you bust both lines and 9 times out of ten your line will pop at the joint so their fix is of no use at all. Tight is not the word!!

akaday:

pierrot 14:

akaday:

Come on tell us all.

This will be it, and only one!! And the spare bulb kit is also one of each bulb!!
So your [zb] if you bust both lines and 9 times out of ten your line will pop at the joint so their fix is of no use at all. Tight is not the word!!

That’s fine if the break is in the middle, won’t be any good if the break is at either end

Back in the 80`s our boss gave us biro pens so if the air line burst you could insert the pen ( minus the part with the ink ) into both parts of the line with tape securing it. That would get us home for a replacement air line

frenchflyer:
Back in the 80`s our boss gave us biro pens so if the air line burst you could insert the pen ( minus the part with the ink ) into both parts of the line with tape securing it. That would get us home for a replacement air line

That’s nothing! On McKellars we would just wind the brakes off! :laughing: