New job

Hi my name is foggy and i work for s&k for 2 years and it was a good job if you now what you are doing over the water they will give you good work and you can stay away how long you like ,They normally like you to to do min of 3 weeks the pay is ok in 2010 i was on an average of 550 a week take home . I even went to tenerife for them and a lots of spain ,italy germany, i only left because i became ill there are some good lads on there but like most firms you will get some ■■■■■■■■■ drivers who give it a bad name , ok the some of the trucks arnen`t as good but normanlly they go on uk only do a good job prove that you are a good driver and you will get the best work and truck as you can appreciate they do get many drivers and they will not just take your word you have to prove yourself and then the job is great also it does not take long to prove how good you are .good luck

Just this week coming back on the MYFERRY link bumped into 3 drivers from s&k had a good chat with them, two of the drivers say the work is ok and the pay not bad.
The only problem seems to be certain drivers are on different salaries don`t know why and they never said!!. But the one thing they did mention was you are not being pestered by the office as long has you do the work ok.

That is very true,
The drivers rest room is 5 seats in reception no kettle microwave or proper seating
The loos have no toilet paper or running got water so no where to wash
They have a shower but its always locked and trying to get the key is impossible
The work is good
Took home £465 last week out all weekend and just £8 more then a uk driver who started the same day as me and was home at the weekend.

Back to sunny skate land for you then.

james1973:
That is very true,
The drivers rest room is 5 seats in reception no kettle microwave or proper seating
The loos have no toilet paper or running got water so no where to wash
They have a shower but its always locked and trying to get the key is impossible
The work is good
Took home £465 last week out all weekend and just £8 more then a uk driver who started the same day as me and was home at the weekend.

Yes mate
Nothing going on Fraser freight so start with Churchill freight Monday if I get back in time

So,what is the average take home wage then with S&K haulage please, everything included if your doing a couple of weeks away at a time…and do they do much Spain?

Reeferpilot:
So,what is the average take home wage then with S&K haulage please, everything included if your doing a couple of weeks away at a time…and do they do much Spain?

Use the search button and read all comments.

THey are called skint & knackered for a reason, you wont earn good money and you wont get a fancy new truck but you will get to see all off europe.

90% Belgium and holland and they work it so you weekend at Barry so they don’t have to pay you weekend away money, they promised loads of the lads that you can take your truck home but its rare and only if your face fits. Trucks are always breaking down and if you ain’t moving you ain’t earning but your £260 basic will get you by :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Not weekended in Barry but was told they would ship me portsmouth Caen where possible, was tipping Bayonne tue morning so could of gone home but they decided to ship me Dover but ship another driver portsmouth. I would say average take home £450-£500 but if you don’t get your expenses handed in Monday you don’t get them in that weeks wages there follow the week after

akaday:
90% Belgium and holland and they work it so you weekend at Barry so they don’t have to pay you weekend away money, they promised loads of the lads that you can take your truck home but its rare and only if your face fits. Trucks are always breaking down and if you ain’t moving you ain’t earning but your £260 basic will get you by :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

First point, in 6 yrs have NEVER been weekended in yard :unamused:
2ndly they do not promise you that you can take the truck home (have done so once,that was to suit me after doing them a favour)
3rd point, in 6 yrs with them I have only ONCE been parked with a problem, a tyre blowout on saturday morning on the A26, french wanted 2,500 euros just to come to me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: not suprisingly they sent a replacement wheel to me on monday.

As for the airline repair, I’ve had to use one, and it got me back to the yard no problem. What ever happened to the drivers that would get the truck back to the yard if at all possible :unamused: :unamused:

Oh and my average take home is £550 a week, how many on euro work can honestly state they take home much more? And I don’t do many 60 hr shift weeks either, more likely 45-50 :wink:

And it is easy work IF you’re prepared to get on and do the job you’re paid to do :unamused: :unamused:

How can the French get away with charging 2500 euros for a tyre callout? Don’t ATS partner with euro firms so you don’t get bummed? ATS is French owned after all…

My mate Greg started there 3-4 weeks ago he tells me no extra for weekending.i told him he wants his head looking at. we weekend out at our place id prefere not to but at least we get paid to 10hrs+n/o money for each day parked up.if i wernt geting that id tell em to ■■■■■■■

You get shaffted over there for any repair a few yrs ago when i was o/d had a starter motor done in cholet france bill went thro my UK dealer and cost £1150 if call out and repair was done in UK cost would have been £4-500!

why shoul any boss pay a driver to do nothing on a weekend off on euro work i have never been paid too and made it a mini holiday and be a tourist with a bike and gym in my cab.

toby1234abc:
why shoul any boss pay a driver to do nothing on a weekend off on euro work i have never been paid too and made it a mini holiday and be a tourist with a bike and gym in my cab.

Why should you be paid ■■?
Because you’re not at home in your comfortable bed, because you are in his lorry, looking after his load, in a place ready to continue a journey to get to the delivery point on the Monday morning, which you wouldn’t get to if it was still in the UK, or you are not able to get home before the weekend bans start. I wouldn’t consider being parked up at any foreign truck stop as being a tourist. Yes you can go have a wander, explore and do your own thing, if you want to, but it@s not Home !!!

Valid points but i would find the nearest beac h and sneak in to a hotel and have a free swim or use the laundry and pool at a camp site.

toby1234abc:
Valid points but i would find the nearest beac h and sneak in to a hotel and have a free swim or use the laundry and pool at a camp site.

Toby your way off the mark on this one. You make it sound idyllic. But what about the weekends stuck in some ■■■■■■■ place in the middle of winter with nothing but old DVDs and tins of stew for company ■■?
I’ve had some cracking weekends in Europe but I’ve also had my fair share of sodding miserable ones. Of course you should be paid.

We get paid all the time we are away & I wouldn’t work for anybody that didn’t pay this way, I don’t think the wife would let me anyway…lol…ideally i’d rather be in a routier/autohof but you can’t always get to 1, mountain bike in the trailer is always a must wherever you are heading. :slight_smile:

Spent a weekend at Aosta with a trip up the cable car to the mountain over a ong easter weekend but once was in a motorway services at Le Mans over christmas with tins of food in a cold cab in the ice and snow watching the cars pull in loaded with presents but it was my choice to work and have a break.

toby1234abc:

Toby you’ve got a lot of posts under your belt and I assume your a level headed guy, but do you own your own trucks?

Why would or should any man or woman be expected to sit and babysit somebody else’s property for nothing?

If you were working as a security guard and your gaffa said “hey Toby, I need you to work Sat and Sun but I won’t be payin you because the premises your guarding is empty”

That’s what’s wrong with our industry, were expected to work long hours and get paid half what normal employees get paid!

Answers like the above quoted does nothing but give you your true value!!!