Does anyone out there work for s and k barry glamorgan

Hi this is an urgent request I am looking for a driver who works on the europe side of s and k need help
thanks

The Sarge works for them, not sure if he’s uk or euro! PM him.

stones:
Hi this is an urgent request I am looking for a driver who works on the europe side of s and k need help
thanks

I would like to know too as its probably going to be the only way back into European work. i did hear some poor reports about money , bonuses not being paid etc.but that was a few years ago and pay structure may have changed since then.

Go for it if you want euro but money is crap for definate. Thats why i didnt start, my best mate was ther for 3 months before xmas doing 2/3 weeks away euro. I seen his pay packets and he never ever took over £450 and thats weekending too. His worst pay was £329 and for that week he was stuck in italy with flat batteries all weekend.

hi ,i rang about 6 mon ago and was told £260 basic, £20 i think was nite out ,then bonus on wot truck earns ie £1200=£100,£1500= £150 etc but i think it was capped at around £200-£250ish,n/o money only if u were weekended,bear in mind this is only a rough estimate,hope this helps :smiley:

hothow44:
hi ,i rang about 6 mon ago and was told £260 basic, £20 i think was nite out ,then bonus on wot truck earns ie £1200=£100,£1500= £150 etc but i think it was capped at around £200-£250ish,n/o money only if u were weekended,bear in mind this is only a rough estimate,hope this helps :smiley:

hi can you tell me when they return to barry would it be the end of the third week as need to find my husband
he is on the euro side

stones:
hi can you tell me when they return to barry would it be the end of the third week as need to find my husband
he is on the euro side

Probably a daft question, but have you spoken to S&K ?
They would be able to tell you when he is due back. If they had a problem and had to turn him round and straight back out for an extra run, or a delayed reload, or any one of a hundred reasons why he wasn’t back when expected.

A truckers forum isn’t the best place ask a question like yours.
You have no idea of the validity of any reply you might get, (we have no idea of the validity of your question either).

Some of them practically live in the truck and rarely return to Barry, a lot of continental firms will let you stay away as long as you want to. Quite a few spend weekends ay Folkestone docks lorry park.

skids:
Some of them practically live in the truck and rarely return to Barry, a lot of continental firms will let you stay away as long as you want to. Quite a few spend weekends ay Folkestone docks lorry park.

Exactly. I know a few of S&Ks Euro-trampers do that, not necessarily Folkestone. You could be anywhere in Europe.

If your husband hasn’t got a personal phone with him, your only viable point of contact is through S&K. As you know, they will not give out truck phone numbers.
The only way left is to get S&K to ask your husband to call you, or to pass a letter on to him, (or even a phone in a suitable envelope).
An S&K driver might say, “yes I’ll tell him”, but might not get anywhere close enough to talk for months. And even then could forget to mention you.

I used to work for a pretty big company on Euro work. I passed lots of people on the motorways, going in opposite directions. After 18 months, I was still meeting old hands face to face for the first time, even though we’d been doing the same work. I’d been following them around the network a day or a week or a month behind them, or them behind me. Others I met up with quite frequently, but not on a regular basis.

Indeed, our paths used to cross from time to time Simon!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Have you considered he might not want to be found or contacted?

Just a thought.

Coffeeholic:
Have you considered he might not want to be found or contacted?

Just a thought.

The same thought did cross my mind as well.Intriguing,perplexing :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: simon i used to pull securicor trailers down to milan with two other pals on a round robin contract and never seen my pals for about a year and a half except when one of them broke down in the compound at chiasso, so i know exactly what you mean :laughing:

Thanks for all you help but I will not be posting anymore

This surely wins the prize for most random post of the year ! Confused.

Of course you’re confused, that’s what women do to us! :slight_smile:

Oh yeh forgot.

Not sure this is the right thread, but made more sense than starting a new one, anyone working for them currently or recently, and would you recommend it? Doing Benelux/Uk work?
Cheers

daffyMcdaf:
Not sure this is the right thread, but made more sense than starting a new one, anyone working for them currently or recently, and would you recommend it? Doing Benelux/Uk work?
Cheers

The last post before your’s is 11+ years old, that’s seriously old. There have been big changes in the way European work is done since then.

S&K are still in the game, but I don’t think that they’ll take on a driver for only Benelux/UK work, unless that’s what they’re advertising for.
What’s more likely is, you’d do one or two Italy trips, then finish off with a Benelux trip to fill your second week out.

S&K have never been the highest paying firm, but the work is fairly laid back these days, from what I hear.
Their nickname was Skint and Knackered. Still skint, but not knackered, these days.
So if you want to get some Euro experience under your belt, and can live with their wages, go for it.

Simon:

daffyMcdaf:
Cheers

The last post before your’s is 11+ years old, that’s seriously old. There have been big changes in the way European work is done since then.

S&K are still in the game, but I don’t think that they’ll take on a driver for only Benelux/UK work, unless that’s what they’re advertising for.
What’s more likely is, you’d do one or two Italy trips, then finish off with a Benelux trip to fill your second week out.

S&K have never been the highest paying firm, but the work is fairly laid back these days, from what I hear.
Their nickname was Skint and Knackered. Still skint, but not knackered, these days.
So if you want to get some Euro experience under your belt, and can live with their wages, go for it.

Nice one cheers, I thought the Benelux thing was odd but thats what the add says :slight_smile: Time to ■■■■ it and see I think. Appreciate it.