Rusty ex Trucker update

Hey Guys…update on geting back on the road, as you know i have been away a while…like 12 years ! but just got of the phone with a certain largish company in North Yorkshire…and, i have interview on Monday ! As those of you on here that are out of work will know, after a few months things go downhill fast…like car being off the road now etc…
So road trip involving 3 busses to get there but hell al do anything to find work…and if i can get a start in, well theres a campsite just up the road from them…have tent will travel !! haha, it will do till am back on my feet…needs must !
Ok i will give you an update as and when, and if your out there looking for work, dont give up…something will turn up for us all !!
safe journeys…tek care all.
Paul

All the best for interview on mon hope all goes well

good luck

Jennie x

Thanks Jennie…time will tell i guess ! hope things going well in your job ! tek care, Paul

Jennie:
All the best for interview on mon hope all goes well

good luck

Jennie x

lets just say im six months in and still learning what to say and do !!! but still enjoying myself and love doing what im doing :smiley: :smiley:

Jx

Well people…interview went well !! got offered a job on the strength that my car is back on the road !! sods law , catch 22 then…onwads n upwads !! tek care folks…Paul

NEOUBLIE40:
Hey Guys…update on geting back on the road, as you know i have been away a while…like 12 years ! but just got of the phone with a certain largish company in North Yorkshire…and, i have interview on Monday ! As those of you on here that are out of work will know, after a few months things go downhill fast…like car being off the road now etc…
So road trip involving 3 busses to get there but hell al do anything to find work…and if i can get a start in, well theres a campsite just up the road from them…have tent will travel !! haha, it will do till am back on my feet…needs must !
Ok i will give you an update as and when, and if your out there looking for work, dont give up…something will turn up for us all !!
safe journeys…tek care all.
Paul

Congratulations

whats wrong with car is anything you can fix yourself ■■

are you able to bike to your new job ■■

or bus etc

can you not get to job without car ■■

hope you can take the job as is real bummer if ya cant

Jx

Hey Jennie…thanks ! the car needs MOT n tax…but a good friend has offered to help me out so its booked in for MOT tommora…am like 70 miles from the depot ! or trust me i would cycle/walk/bus it…the distance is why am wanting tramping also, one journey Monday mornin one back Friday/Saturday…obviously better if i can move closer and i will look into this in the future…just a start in is all i need for now tho ! apparently the guy had been dropped in it so many times by other drivers who said stuff and then couldnt deliver, so fair play to him i guess…just pray me mota doesnt need much :frowning: will see what happens tommora, got till Friday before i have to ring back…Paul.

Jennie:
Congratulations

whats wrong with car is anything you can fix yourself ■■

are you able to bike to your new job ■■

or bus etc

can you not get to job without car ■■

hope you can take the job as is real bummer if ya cant

Jx

Well fingers crossed for tomorrow then :wink:

hope the car is ok

Jx

Hey everyone…car sailed thru MOT ! couple o bulbs…back on the road now, taxed n up to date insurance…and i just had confirmation email, start the new job 0800hrs Monday!! :smiley: :smiley: talk about happy !! hard work starts Monday then !! lol tek care n safe journeys all…Paul.

Jennie:
Well fingers crossed for tomorrow then :wink:

hope the car is ok

Jx

Nice one hope it goes well for you

Thats excellent new mate , congratulations .
Make sure you give us an update tho :wink:

cheers Mike

brilliant news all coming together then good luck in the new job

all the best

Jen x

Hey…thanks for the words folks, appreciate them…things deffo looking up !! just have to keep my head !!..and keep my head down and get on with things !! i will update as am going…safe journeys all, Paul.

Jennie:
brilliant news all coming together then good luck in the new job

all the best

Jen x

Hey guys n galls…
What a week !!! great to be back on the road again… :smiley:
ok al tell you how it went…
monday…induction 8 hours in the classroom, videos couple o tests etc straightforward and informative,then
Tuesday…out with driver trainer, John a top bloke who showed me the ropes and put his life in my hands after 12 years away from the game !! :open_mouth: 3 am start ran up to Bellshill Glasgow tipped and headed for collection, sat for 4 hours then time running out and eventually told to run back empty !! no load…15 hour shift !! :smiley:
Wednesday…again 3 am start,run over to preston and Leyland 2 drops back to base then trailer change and of down to Wakefield with a double decker !! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: quite a bit swaying going on, on corners n roundabouts but not as bad as i thought ! except bridges …some look like you wont make it , :open_mouth:
another 13 hour shift done…
Thursday…off out alone today ! :smiley: :open_mouth: :frowning: :laughing: :confused: 4 drops, Wakefield, Scunthorpe, Spilsby and Grimbsby !! no satnav just 3 printed maps n truckers atlas !! :open_mouth: driving Scania auto…57 plate, dont forget the clutch pedal !!! hahaha got my drops of had a bit stressing with tach at break time, stoneridge are basically rubbish sware word deleted !! made it over to Grimbsby with last drop about 4 ish then told to go collect another load on the docks !! no idea where, so had to stop n buy local a-z !back to base n done for 7.30 ish another long one 12 n half hours or so…
Friday…5.30 start run down to Northfleet ! Volvo fh12 500 11plate with just 1300 ks on the clock !! :smiley: :smiley: lovely truck…got down to Northfleet for 10 on the dot…4n half n on break ! then tipped and sent to Thurock for backload to Washington 5 am tip sat morn !!! headed north n parked up just south of Newark for 6 ish for a 3 am start sat morn…
Saturday…3am start up to Washington stopped at depot for adblue…nightmare in there very busy took an hour to get turned around due to folksblocking places etc…got up to Washington for 7…tipped and return to base for a load going to Wakefield !!! tipped at Wakefield 12 ish…then of to leeds for retun load to base…ice cream and was it a heavy load !!..up to base and done for 4.30 !!
So 2600 ks and 74 hours put in :smiley: :smiley: hell of a week…TM seem ok with my achievements up to now…so all going ok…just away to buy a sat nav…just to try n take the pressure off till i know the regular places we go to…cos damm it was gettin warm in the cab …and a dry mouth on occasions !! hahah…ok have safe journeys folks and al see you next week… :smiley: :smiley: Paul!

Glad you felt comy after such a long time away - bet it took less than 4 hours to find your driving feet again.

Was the mon & tue done under the multi-manning rules?

Hey ROG…aye it was like never being away !! like riding a bike…probably fall off a bike these days !! haha and the double manning …mmmm was told to put tacho on bed when ever stopped to tip ? personally i used to prefer to do the 4.5 then 45 rather than split breaks ! keeps me right doing it this way, John drove up to Glasgow then next day n half i was at the wheel,on thursday when i was out alone, i got two drops of then ma time was up stopped for 45…then carried on with rest of shift…likewise on the friday running doon from washington, time up break 45…on to depot, nothing said in office about me being parked up so hopefully things will work out ok, long as i keep within the law dont mind the long days etc…so many rules n regs its a minefield !! but as long as i can explain my actions…Paul

ROG:
Glad you felt comy after such a long time away - bet it took less than 4 hours to find your driving feet again.

Was the mon & tue done under the multi-manning rules?

Brill glad you enjoyed it onwards an upwards now sounds like i5t definatly helped that you where coming back to the job and not complete newbie so just had to get used to it again

best of luck for next week

drive safe

Jennie x

Good luck for the future mate chin up hard work and PAY days.

Hey Jennie… :smiley: yep its a good feeling to be back where i want…once am in a routine of vehicle checks n paperwork etc job should be a good un !! safe journeys ! Paul

Jennie:
Brill glad you enjoyed it onwards an upwards now sounds like i5t definatly helped that you where coming back to the job and not complete newbie so just had to get used to it again

best of luck for next week

drive safe

Jennie x

Aye Brian…Thanks ,hopefully hard graft will pay off ! we will see come payday !! Tek care bud n safe journeys…

Brian J:
Good luck for the future mate chin up hard work and PAY days.