RT.Com Worst 10 Trucks

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … r-made.htm
My Dad would include the Bedford TM and Leyland Constructor.;
I’d add the 05 reg Atego 6w tipper I had for a 2 day demo-I took it back on day 1 biggest heap of excrement ever…

Muckaway:
http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2011/05/02/138663/10-worst-trucks-ever-made.htm
My Dad would include the Bedford TM and Leyland Constructor.;
I’d add the 05 reg Atego 6w tipper I had for a 2 day demo-I took it back on day 1 biggest heap of excrement ever…

I am very surprised no-one could find room for a Seddon Atkinson 300 in that lineup of old nails. International engine and some weird gearbox setup.

Another of my lesser favoured lorries was the Unic / Fiat 170

The last ruck I drove in the nineties was a Leyland Roadtrain, even with rose tinted specs I cant find anything good to say about it.

Renault premium with that stupid bloody gear box low range to left high to right. lucky if you ever get the gear you were looking for

Merc 2527 6w tanker I had for 3 years till the gearbox went. Total bag of zb

caz:
Renault premium with that stupid bloody gear box low range to left high to right. lucky if you ever get the gear you were looking for

is that the same box as iveco cursor? i dorve one it only had 1,2 and 7,8 bloody nightmare

I hate those slapboxes. We had a 51plate Iveco thing with one in once, not only was it a total nail generally but the box was very much a stir the porridge and see what gear you end up with affair.

caz:

lmao… :laughing: :laughing:

im driving one of those now and you are right its a bag of nails,the first one i drove was a Y reg with a knockbox,this new one im driving now is a 58 plate so it has a switch instead but its still pot luck if you get the gear you want… :laughing:

Scania 92 with the CAG gearbox, had a gearstick that wouldn’t even bring a smile on the face of a 13 year old girl.
this little “joystick” was used for the forward gears and a switch for reverse.
The box was akward and very slow and had to be reset at least a couple of times during a trip.
proper “kloten” :grimacing: :grimacing:

Oh, Isuzu Forward. Diabolical pile of crap.