Hallo everyone

i am doing a run up to Elgin tomorrow, unsure of the best road up

choice between the A9 and cutting across at Granton or go up via Aberdeen

any thoughts?

Cheers

Flipside

Via Aberdeen, no contest :wink:

Pat

doest really make no odds tbh, ok the a9 is single lane most of the way which ■■■■■ but the roads are gonna be empty.

I would rather be on a single track road to Elgin then a 3 lane motorway to Dover :stuck_out_tongue:

I do that run a couple of times a week with ASDA and I find that usually the A9 is quicker. Just watch out for the speed camera van after Dalwhinnie!

And its ■■■■ cold-the display showed -11 on Monday!! Brrrrrrrrr :frowning:

thanks lads

might opt for the a9 hopefully the roads will be nice and quiet, long road though most it being a 40 though :frowning:

Cheers

Flipside

Im going up tmrw as well!!

That should make 2 of us on the road!! :smiley:

Do the Whisky run - Up the A9 via Aviemore :smiley:

Yup! Its not a great road but should be nice and quiet tomorrow!

i am looking forward to a long drive, road should be deserted saves me holding everyone up :>

Flipside

Flipside:
thanks lads

might opt for the a9 hopefully the roads will be nice and quiet, long road though most it being a 40 though :frowning:

Cheers

Flipside

yea but the scenery is quite awesome, especially when you see buildings and city centres all day.makes a nice change.

did a trunk for p&h from dunfermline to inverness had to follow an artic up as i neverknew where i was going but got todo the run back on my own, was nice and peaceful even when i had a swedish coach driver up my backside trying to get passed me for miles.

And watch out for Tesco drivers sitiing at 40!!!

joemaxi:
And watch out for Tesco drivers sitiing at 40!!!

yep even on the dual carraigeway sections

Now I`m going to have a rant!!!

I dont mind anybody doing 40 on the single carriage way.40 is the limit.I dont sit at 40 but thats a chance I choose to take.

What really bugs the crap out of me is drivers that then take it to the limiter on the dual carriage way.I`ve got the same limiter so I cant get passed them. Then they slow down to 40 again when it changes to a single carriage way!!! :imp: :imp:

Why do they do this■■?

It is bloody selfish-they know I want past as I have sat up their backside for the last 10 miles!!!

joemaxi:

Now I`m going to have a rant!!!

I dont mind anybody doing 40 on the single carriage way.40 is the limit.I dont sit at 40 but thats a chance I choose to take.

What really bugs the crap out of me is drivers that then take it to the limiter on the dual carriage way.I`ve got the same limiter so I cant get passed them. Then they slow down to 40 again when it changes to a single carriage way!!! :imp: :imp:

Why do they do this■■?

It is bloody selfish-they know I want past as I have sat up their backside for the last 10 miles!!!

yea happens alot on that road, i know when i went up i had to follow the other driver int he artic (i was in a kaxor rigid) and he stuck to the limit like nobodys business which didnt bother me tbh i wasnt in a rush and folk would fly past us when it was a dual carraigeway, but on the single track i got overtaken by a pesco truck (must have been agency) luckily my guy was running a double decker so its a bit hard to lose him.

Wish they would hurry up and dual the whole road!

yea i know, but then again labour thought we needed a bloody tram in edinburgh

Thats true!

What a monumental waste of money!

Nothing wrong with good old buses…

Ive met a few Tesco Agency boys on that road pushing me on :laughing:

Its a good road, just too many chancers who get frustrated then instead of overtaking on the plain straight or wait the extra mile for dual they overtake on a bend.

i must admit i am guilty of sticking to the speed limit, i do however make sure when the dual kicks in i let anybody past me before i get the foot down :wink: