Leicestershire to Inverness

Leicester to Inverness on Sunday/Monday and personally can’t wait!

I’ve been driving professionaly for 8 years now. Mostly day cabs.

However, now I’m working for a company that covers the whole of the UK and found myself given charge of a scania sleeper.

I’ve not seen much of Scotland to be honest, apart from last weeks run to Edinburgh, which I found immensely enjoyable.

There must be a few drivers that have gone relitavely far up Scotland - can you give me an idea what scenery the A9 will offer?

I’ve never been so looking forward to a run…

Hi mate , if you come up via the Glasgow side you will get some lovely views as you can pass stirling(A9 runs beside the castle) ,up via perth,pitlochry,avimore ,
Lots off lovely seanery ,
Its one of the runs that makes driving worth doing :laughing:

Most of Scotland makes looking out of the window more than just a health and safey issue and your going through some of the best.

hi mate, just to say that you’ll love the run up the A9. Even though the road is right on my doorstep at Perth, I still find myself taking pics of some of the scenery. If your stopping off, theres plenty good pubs etc that’ll do a nice bit of grub if you venture a mile or two off the beaten track (likes of Bankfoot, Pitlochry, etc). Enjoy the run, Paul. :smiley:

Its a great drive look out for the Deer and if your lucky you might get stuck behind a Tesco truck :stuck_out_tongue:

Take your time and enjoy the view but watch out for the unmarked speed camera cars,

Saw two last week between Perth and Aviemore ( both black Vauxhalls) at the start and end of short dual carraigeway bits. (just where you’re going over 40mph) :imp: :imp:

North of Perth, on the A9, there are two decent truckstops. There are a couple of places on Longmans Ind Est in Inverness where you can park up for the night.
The first truckstop is at Ballinluig, the second is in Newtonmore.

In the summer the views are fantastic, but as you go up you’ll see the snow gates. They aren’t there just for show. They are closed for a few days every year, some years they are closed for several days at a time. It can get a bit rough up there. If your likely to be using that route in the winter, make sure you’ve got all the sensible equipment.

Take your camera, and plenty of batteries. Snap away at whatever catches your eye, because before long the views will become common-place to you. Don’t forget to post your favourite shots. It’s great to look at places from a fresh perspective.
I love my occasional trips up the A9, but I’ve been going up there for so long that I don’t really notice how fantastic it is any more. :open_mouth:

Enjoy the drive, I still do.

I went up the A9 in January about 5am heavy snow, it was fun going empty.
Then i came down about hours later with 20 tonnes of Whisky, i was doing about 10 MPH ■■■■■■■■ my pants :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Simon wrote.

North of Perth, on the A9, there are two decent truckstops. There are a couple of places on Longmans Ind Est in Inverness where you can park up for the night.
The first truckstop is at Ballinluig, the second is in Newtonmore

If you stop at Newtonmore try the braised steak, it’s brill. (much beter than the wife’s)

Wouldn’t mind knowing who that was with :question: went from Magna Park to Magna Park via Magna Park the other day very stimulating :unamused:

keep your window up. those hagis are real nasty. :laughing: