Route to Invergordon

Having got an “early finish” for once on a Fri, “chaos control” had still not finalised loads to leave Sun. Got a call later to say " 1st drop Mon am …Invergordon, then Elgin, Perth, etc, etc".

Now normally anything North of around Dundee / Forfar our office “gives away”, so it has been a long while since i have been as far North as this ! T’other prob. all my maps are still in the truck, so any body got suggestions for route from Ripon - usual way to Scotland - A66 / M6 / M74 ( never use A1, unless actually going South side of Edinburgh ).
I wont be going all the way up on Sun. but need to get a fair-way North.

8 At exit 4, take ramp left for M73 toward Stirling / Kincardine Br. / Glasgow 6.5 mi
9 Take ramp for A80 / ■■■■■■■■■■■ Road 7.6 mi
10 Road name changes to M80 7.3 mi
11 Keep straight onto M9 6.1 mi
12 At roundabout, take 2nd exit onto A9 26.3 mi
13 Pass through 5 roundabouts 131.3 mi
14 Take ramp left 0.1 mi
15 Turn left onto B817 3.1 mi
16 Arrive at Invergordon

M74, M73, A9 from Dunblane to Broxden Roundabout at Perth, follow A9 to Inverness. Across the Kessock Bridge still on the A9, across the Black Isle (which it is not!) across the Cromarty Bridge, past Evanton. Pick up signs for Invergordon.
Back across the 2 bridges follow signs for Aberdeen to get to Elgin.
From Elgin I always go back to Inverness to go south as the road down the whisky trail twists and turns too much via Grantown on Spey. Less hassle via Inverness and down the A9.
The police encourage trucks to do 50 on the A9 rather than 40, dont take the mickey and go to the limiter as they would end up stopping you.
How far are you going on Sunday?
Alex

Thanks guys, new some-one would put me right.
Going to have to get up Stirling / Perth area on Sun ( at least ), so any suggestions for parking ?
Usually i seem to run more Perth / Dundee / Forfar, so use the old Dundee T/stop.

alexsaville:
M74, M73, A9 from Dunblane to Broxden Roundabout at Perth, follow A9 to Inverness. Across the Kessock Bridge still on the A9, across the Black Isle (which it is not!) across the Cromarty Bridge, past Evanton. Pick up signs for Invergordon.
Back across the 2 bridges follow signs for Aberdeen to get to Elgin.
From Elgin I always go back to Inverness to go south as the road down the whisky trail twists and turns too much via Grantown on Spey. Less hassle via Inverness and down the A9.
The police encourage trucks to do 50 on the A9 rather than 40, dont take the mickey and go to the limiter as they would end up stopping you.
How far are you going on Sunday?
Alex

great directions spot on mate… !!!

didnt know about the trucks doing 50 instead of 40 on the A9 though … police blind eye.■■? r u sure…■■? arent there a lot of scam cams on this road …■■

not questioning ure local knowledge mate :blush: but i would drive at the correct speed to be on the safe side unlesss told by plod …

The Rustler:
Thanks guys, new some-one would put me right.
Going to have to get up Stirling / Perth area on Sun ( at least ), so any suggestions for parking ?.

Broxden services,Perth. Motorgrill, Ballinluig. Both have free parking.Snacks only at Perth,meals and also free showers at Ballinluig. There are also truckstops at Dalwhinnie,Newtonmore,Inverness and Evanton if you should get any further north.

im for one just glad you buggers are gettin your ‘independence’ …and oh mel Gibsons american(tell a lie plastic austrailian) :stuck_out_tongue: god help us when you discover Tarmac! you might just end-up with a ‘tourist’ industry :laughing: :wink: