Another A9 Fatality

Thoughts and prayers to the guys family RIP

pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/ne … -a9-crash/

This link worked better for me.

m.stv.tv/news/highlands-islands/ … highlands/

R.I.P Drive. can’t believe another one gone, It’s getting a bit much!!! :unamused: :unamused: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know the driver of the non argos motor. Sound guy, does the job and doesnt complain, well no more than the rest of us. Hope hes ok I havent heard back from him as yet.

rip driver.

I’ve done a few runs to Inverness in a rigid , and there just isn’t room for error as your passing trucks coming the other way probably sometimes not even an arms length between you . And if something does go wrong there us no time to react and outcome most likely won’t be good. But I know that and I guess you know that and the people in charge of this road know that.

And R.I.p to the driver and hope other guy is ok …

i came down the A9 on monday for the first time since they raised it to 50 for trucks. speed is not the problem for us and neither is the road design. you can easily go flat out all the way without worrying about any sharp bends but it is a very long road of nothing. even during the day it makes you tired because there is nothing to keep you stimulated which is worse than motorway driving. at least you can pull in to grab a coffee on any motorway but there is only one opportunity to do that during the 111 mile journey between perth and inverness

Victa1:
I’ve done a few runs to Inverness in a rigid , and there just isn’t room for error as your passing trucks coming the other way probably sometimes not even an arms length between you . And if something does go wrong there us no time to react and outcome most likely won’t be good. But I know that and I guess you know that and the people in charge of this road know that.

Seriously? if you think its narrow now you should have tried it before they took all the bends out and realigned most of it, i honestly dont think the width of the road has anything to do with it

As scanny says its just so long and straight and boring it can send you to sleep

Victa1:
I’ve done a few runs to Inverness in a rigid , and there just isn’t room for error as your passing trucks coming the other way probably sometimes not even an arms length between you

The single carriageway between Perth and Inverness is two 3.65m wide lanes (the 2+1 sections are 3.5m), which is the modern standard for a two lane road and is the same as the the lanes on most motorways.
Everything as far north as the Dornoch Firth is built to a modern standard of both width and alignment and can, roundabouts aside, be comfortable driven at the speed limit (and arguably higher) for whatever vehicle you are driving.
North of the Dornoch Firth Bridge is where the standard of the A9 varies, some bits basically haven’t changed since they were widened to two lanes in the 1930s, other bits are less than ten years old and everything in-between - with the variety of driving that that entails.

RIP driver :frowning:

bobdebouwer:
I know the driver of the non argos motor. Sound guy, does the job and doesnt complain, well no more than the rest of us. Hope hes ok I havent heard back from him as yet.

I go into M+H everyday

the driver of the M+H motor is the one who has sadly died, he was an agency bod who has been there for 3 weeks now, sorry if it is your mate.

thoughts to the guys family

chaversdad:

Victa1:

Seriously? if you think its narrow now you should have tried it before they took all the bends out and realigned most of it, i honestly dont think the width of the road has anything to do with it

As scanny says its just so long and straight and boring it can send you to sleep

and that will be the same for many roads. I wonder if this road and others like it will have the new for coming 50 speed limit :question:

bobdebouwer:

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like you will hear back from him.

news.stv.tv/highlands-islands/31 … ure-of-a9/

RIP Driver and take care the rest of you, there’s been far too many just lately

nick2008:

chaversdad:

Victa1:

and that will be the same for many roads. I wonder if this road and others like it will have the new for coming 50 speed limit :question:

it is a 50MPH limit all the way. it is being used to trial that speed for trucks to try and reduce dangerous overtaking

rip driver and thoughts for his family its a sad day when a man doesnt return home to family

I travel the A9 every day and I can honestly say that its improved 10 fold by upping the limit to 50.

this was caused by something other than speed, I may find out more tomorrow when im at M+H.

Glen A9:

Victa1:
I’ve done a few runs to Inverness in a rigid , and there just isn’t room for error as your passing trucks coming the other way probably sometimes not even an arms length between you

The single carriageway between Perth and Inverness is two 3.65m wide lanes (the 2+1 sections are 3.5m), which is the modern standard for a two lane road and is the same as the the lanes on most motorways.
Everything as far north as the Dornoch Firth is built to a modern standard of both width and alignment and can, roundabouts aside, be comfortable driven at the speed limit (and arguably higher) for whatever vehicle you are driving.
North of the Dornoch Firth Bridge is where the standard of the A9 varies, some bits basically haven’t changed since they were widened to two lanes in the 1930s, other bits are less than ten years old and everything in-between - with the variety of driving that that entails.

They want to have a run over the struie then he know wot tight is

Is it an M & H involved? Looks like its got XS Transport’s name on the trailer.

grousebeater:
I travel the A9 every day and I can honestly say that its improved 10 fold by upping the limit to 50.

this was caused by something other than speed, I may find out more tomorrow when im at M+H.

scanny77:

nick2008:

chaversdad:

Victa1:

it is a 50MPH limit all the way. it is being used to trial that speed for trucks to try and reduce dangerous overtaking

I wonder if the impact speed would have made any difference if it was 40 then. (collision 80mph) rather than the pos (100mph)
it’ll be interesting to know the actual speed of both vehicles