Round Abouts! HELP!

Help i have a question for someone to enlighten me please …

okay turning right at a round about first thing
on approach car already in right lane going fairly fast …i indicate he flashes i go into lane
instructor says i FAIL! WHAT please someone explain he said
to cancel signal wait for him to pass then try and get in ? this right

also
on the round about people in left lane behind me are cutting me up or trying to anyway !
as i indicate left to come bck into left lane and someone is doing the same! GRRRRRR :frowning:
CAN SOMEONE HELP !!

I’m afraid that’s a fail, you caused another road user to slow down :frowning:
On my motorbike test, I was joining a dual carriageway in the peeing down rain (lazy examiner was following in his car :imp: ) Wagon in lane 1, flashed me out and started to move into lane 2. I gunned the bike (125cc) and joined the DC. Unknown to me, there was a car speeding in lane 2, forcing the lorry back into lane 1 behind me. No real drama (good lorry driver, see) but I failed because the lorry was impeded by me. One of those things, unfortunately.

Never go on someones flash as the examiner might not see it and if the car that flashed you changes their mind and you cause them to slow then that’s an instant fail.

If someone flashed me on my class 2 or 1 tests I always told the examiner.

I got failed on my class 1 test for someone moving up my off side when I was stationary at traffic lights to move into the right lane at the next set of lights. The car was sat behind me to begin with and in claimed enough road to stop any sane driver to not move up the side of me, but the driver did as the lights changed and I got marked a serious for it!

You have to very very careful of drivers when your in a lorry…trust no one!

westhamtrucker:
Help i have a question for someone to enlighten me please …

okay turning right at a round about first thing
on approach car already in right lane going fairly fast …i indicate he flashes i go into lane
instructor says i FAIL! WHAT please someone explain he said
to cancel signal wait for him to pass then try and get in ? this right

also
on the round about people in left lane behind me are cutting me up or trying to anyway !
as i indicate left to come bck into left lane and someone is doing the same! GRRRRRR :frowning:
CAN SOMEONE HELP !!

Well as you seen him coming up fairly fast you should of waited until he passed you before you put the signal on as is what i was told when i was training. You gotta watch some car drivers as they dont have a clue!!

Thankyou for that yeah i will be careful not to make anyone slow down !!!

if i do get that in my test i will tell the examiner and then let them pass without signalling !!!

thanks.

A headlamp flash can mean “yes go ahead mate” or Stop where you are, you zb"

It should only be used to let other drivers know you are there.

It seems you have used your bulk to intimidate another road user, at least it was only the instructor and not the examiner who failed you!

TJ82:
Never go on someones flash as the examiner might not see it and if the car that flashed you changes their mind and you cause them to slow then that’s an instant fail.

If someone flashed me on my class 2 or 1 tests I always told the examiner.

I got failed on my class 1 test for someone moving up my off side when I was stationary at traffic lights to move into the right lane at the next set of lights. The car was sat behind me to begin with and in claimed enough road to stop any sane driver to not move up the side of me, but the driver did as the lights changed and I got marked a serious for it!

You have to very very careful of drivers when your in a lorry…trust no one!

If someone flashed me to go on test
my plan now is to not go go round the round about again and tell the examiner

would this be right ?

during my training i was told if someone flash’s you out by all means go as long as it’s safe to do so…
as sitting there waiting can cause you to stop/slow the flow of traffic :confused:
i was flashed out of a junction twice during my test and never failed…

if the driver of the car was coming up at speed and you caused him to slow down due to signaling then yes you would have failed due to causing traffic to slow down.would have been better to wait till he had passed you before signaling

Never go on a flash I’m a test, like has been said it only means “I’m here” as far as the highway code is concerned.
We all know what it means in the real world but we all know tests are nothing like that!

Just crush them they deserve it lol !!!
Phil