Disheartened is not the word

Had my first c+e test today, and I came out the test centre devastated! The reverse went spot on (helped that I spent all last year shunting) drive went spot on so I felt and I failed…

Zero minors yet one “serious” I actually thought I’d passed and I’m a pretty negative person I’ll admit. I was at a rather busy roundabout where cars do come flying on from the right which you visibly cannot see, so I started moving out when it was clear and a c*ck in a rangerover flew around and I stopped just over the white line… I’m sorry but in my mind it was better to do that then get t-boned■■? According to the examiner I should of just carried on??

Baffled, hacked off, and just feel like sacking it off!!! URGH

F e c k i n g examiner sound like a real knob sack, coz if you had continued and pulled out on the Range Rover you would have been failed for making a vehicle change speed and direction…
Round about are a notorious failing points of the test… other road users not using indicators, its luck of the draw…No point sitting around feeling sorry for your self, ■■■■ it in and book another test if funds allow…don’t give all, you’ve come this far

Just makes me wonder what will happen next time?? Not blowing my own trumpet but shunting on the local docks give me a good head start, and touch wood I’ve never had any incidents of any sort! Proper dented my confidence today though!

I was just confused to that I should of just carried on and potentially cause a car to drive straight into a trailer? Can’t do right for doing wrong it seems

Fact of live, morons will be morons. Roundabouts on tests are so hard because you what to do but you can’t because it will fail you. Once you pass though, roundabouts are no longer scary. Zb em and pull out I say. If they don’t have an indicator on then I’m going.

Just hope I don’t get that prick next time, I’ll find it hard to bite my tongue

Outrageous in my opinion.

You’re obviously a decent driver though so just nail it next time.

You know you’re a good driver so it’s not you, it was bad luck. It will be a memory soon enough - crack on with the retest and cross bridges when you get to them.
Upward and onward!

That’s bad news for you mate. But the secret is keep your head up, don’t give up and book a retest asap if u can while u still fresh.

That examiner sound like the 1 failed me a week ago viewtopic.php?f=5&t=123689
I booked a retest straight away and BANG! I did it. If u believe and u know u a driver, then there is no stopping u. They can try but sure u will beat them down.

Best of luck

Deferred success, it took me three times to pass due to nerves.
It does not seem fair about the Range Rover and lack of visibility.
What are you supposed to do, raise the periscope in the sunroof or stand on the cab roof to see what is coming ?
If you had not stopped the Range Rover may have hit you.
Is there a complaints procedure to follow ?
In everday driving on busy roundabouts with traffic lights, you keep shunting a few feet forward each time the lights change, until you end up blocking the roundabout as the lifhts change so quickly.

Swampey2418:
F e c k i n g examiner sound like a real knob sack, coz if you had continued and pulled out on the Range Rover you would have been failed for making a vehicle change speed and direction…
Round about are a notorious failing points of the test… other road users not using indicators, its luck of the draw…No point sitting around feeling sorry for your self, ■■■■ it in and book another test if funds allow…don’t give all, you’ve come this far

My instructor was always telling me that if it was seen to be clear when you pulled out then you’re alright to carry on

Examiner should have applied some common sense there IMHO, it’s bloody bad enough trying to get out on roundabouts these days when you’re not on test.

The test is a cruel world… You are subject to what happens on the day… And on roundabouts you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t … The big problem is that you are fighting conflicting rules:

1. Sensible driving
  2. Green driving where they don’t want you to stop and keep rolling
  3. Safe driving where your actions not allow to hinder the progress of other drivers (even if their driving is bad)

What you have got to remember is that you can have ten examiners and there will be a difference of opinion of where the different tolerances of the rules apply…

When I was doing my Class 1 training and test there was a certain roundabout that has traffic lights and parts with yellow boxes in certain sections… My instructor stated that different examiners had different views on how you should take the roundabout and would fail you or not depending on how you took it…

I also think that you have a situation where there are more examiners than people taking their tests and they like to keep themselves in a job.

Well I’ve got a retest booked, it’s not until the 15th of April though (next slot) luckily my employed pulled me to the side and he basically said seen as your dad doesn’t bother with you son’ I’ll pay for your restest (kinda blew me away, really awesome guy, and paid for all my licences myself)

After my first thoughts of failing my test in such a weird way, I didn’t even think I could be arsed anymore but thanks to your replys and support "I’m going to smash it :smiling_imp:

Cheers folks, really appreciated

If that is what happened then the examiner was 100% wrong IMO

You started to cross the line with nothing in sight then reacted to something which then appeared and ended up just over the line with room for what appeared to continue

The alternative could legally be to carry on as you started to cross the line but safety wise the prudent thing would be to stop

Would I be correct in saying that the examiner lurched forward when you suddenly stopped :question:
If yes then that might be what irked the examiner

No he didn’t get thrown forwards, he was sat forwards aswell trying to see the traffic, it’s a bad enough roundabout even in a car you literally have to fly onto it or you’d be waiting all day… But what’s done is done.
I showed my employed the test paper and he couldn’t believe it 0 minors yet a fail

yt03:
No he didn’t get thrown forwards, he was sat forwards aswell trying to see the traffic, it’s a bad enough roundabout even in a car you literally have to fly onto it or you’d be waiting all day… But what’s done is done.
I showed my employed the test paper and he couldn’t believe it 0 minors yet a fail

I cannot believe it either - TBH it has me seething and I was not the one on test !!

I don’t even think my instructor has ever seen a test paper so clean but failed, when I sat my cat c test I was talking with the examiner about his license etc… And he said he has never driven a wagon after doing his test?? Surely that cannot be right? It would certainly explain there dream world driving they expect??!

ROG:
If that is what happened then the examiner was 100% wrong IMO

You started to cross the line with nothing in sight then reacted to something which then appeared and ended up just over the line with room for what appeared to continue

The alternative could legally be to carry on as you started to cross the line but safety wise the prudent thing would be to stop

Would I be correct in saying that the examiner lurched forward when you suddenly stopped :question:
If yes then that might be what irked the examiner

im a noob (never even been in an artic lol) and i agree completely with what you just wrote.
if its exactly how the op stated then thats REALLY harsh to fail for reacting to a numpty in a safe manner!

put it behind you mate,and get your re-test ASAP :slight_smile: