ROB K

Rob, I am sure a couple of months back, you posted about your Volvo being totalled on a M1 junc due to dodgy brakes■■? I have looked for the thread but couldn’t find it. As I recall, you were complaining about it suddenly deciding it didn’t want to stop but the fitters couldn’t find a problem?
If so, you may be interested in an article I found tonight, in the June issue of Trucking?? It is on page 10 and finally acknowledges there could be a problem between new super duper trucks with all singing all dancing disc brakes and older trailers with drums!! Makes for interesting reading.
Basically saying new truck brakes and old trailer brakes don’t mix unless they are setup properly by the fitters

TheBear:
Rob, I am sure a couple of months back, you posted about your Volvo being totalled on a M1 junc due to dodgy brakes■■? I have looked for the thread but couldn’t find it. As I recall, you were complaining about it suddenly deciding it didn’t want to stop but the fitters couldn’t find a problem?
If so, you may be interested in an article I found tonight, in the June issue of Trucking?? It is on page 10 and finally acknowledges there could be a problem between new super duper trucks with all singing all dancing disc brakes and older trailers with drums!! Makes for interesting reading.
Basically saying new truck brakes and old trailer brakes don’t mix unless they are setup properly by the fitters

Yes, I read it cheers! The mechanic still claims there was nothing wrong with the brakes and sadly, that is also endorsed by the almighty VI who also brake checked it, regardless of the fact it was a different trailer :confused:

Over the past few months they’ve re-cabbed the motor and I am told I will have it back soon. After seeing the mess it was in after the accident I have to say I am somewhat dubious but I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve driven it again.