Road Rage and getting Road Raged

I’m intruiged to learn how often the average trucker is coming across road-rage from vans, car and other road users, aimed in their direction.

I ask cos in my short driving career of 16 months, I’ve had 3 people have a go at either getting at me directly (i.e. out of their vehicle) or using their vehicle to try and stop me presumably to have a go.
Two of them in the last fortnight!.

And add to that one I saw tonight toward another trucker that all unfolded in front of my eyes, and I reckon something’s going rather pete tong this summer…

(the one tonight for example, this car is alongside me, and a car wants to merge from the left on the A1 southbound above peterboro… I can’t move over to let them on, so the wagon behind me scoots over and flashes them out - at which point the driver alongside me (in a white ■■■■■■ or orion type car) starts going nuts with the hand signals, waving frantically, hopping round in his seat - waits for wagon to get mostly past me and begins brake-testing him, weaving back and forth - appears to drive off a bit, wagon pulls back in ahead of me and idiot in car slams his brakes on forcing him to swerve back out to lane 2.

absolutely nuts it was.

So, how often does this happen to you, or do you see it, on an average month?

Hasnt happened to me with it directed at me however me directing ti at them it happens every night!!! mainly due to people not indicating at roundabouts but iseem to be calming down a lot now that i pull out on them if they dont indicate.

I was in a situation a few years ago when someone gave me some right hassle and it ended up with me and him pulling over to the side of the road and both getting out on to the road but me being 6’6" and him being a measly little runt he soon lost his aggresion and scottled along…:slight_smile::):):slight_smile:

I just don’t get involved with it.
As i am a profesional driver!!

brit_mark:
I just don’t get involved with it.
As i am a profesional driver!!

AAh thats where we differ then i suppose im not a professional driver im a lorry driver i dont consider my self to be a professional at it.

:slight_smile::slight_smile:

I find it happens probably a couple of times a month…

A car will take umbrage at something or other and pull in front of me and brake, often a few times to make a point ?

I don’t let it wind me up though as this is what they want. Besides, my gaffer would much rather we plough straight through them rather than swerve and possibly loose the load or damage trailer, units are hired you see… My natural action is to avoid collision though obviously. :wink:

Ended up in an incident with a foreigner a while back , didnt like being overtook on a hill and preferred to come back down the inside of you even though had started indicating and holding you in the middle lane , but oh whats this a tesco lorry rapidly approaching , foreigner has to slow down and let me go . Anyway long story cut short he came rollocking past me and then decided to brake and swerve and all sorts for miles and miles , ended up phoning the plod .