Aggressive lorry drivers

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed a significant rise in aggression amongst lorry drivers lately? Aggression and impatience over stupid little things. Either I’m chilling out, or others are getting angrier. I can’t work out which. What’s everybody else’s take on it?

It’s not just lorry drivers. It’s all drivers.
Don’t know about recently but I expect the lack of manners, lack of courtesy and drivers getting extremely irate hasn’t got any better.

Make trucks as much as possible to suit the driving style of mediocre car drivers results in mediocre car drivers driving trucks.

On the road or out of the cab?

I got ran off the road at a roundabout the other day (I was in my car) because a truck was stuck in the second lane trying to get to a motorway exit. He didn’t care - my lane was freely moving and he just ran out in front of me with me alongside and nowhere to go. :imp: :imp: :imp: Nearly hit me with the trailer.

Totally unnecessary.

TruckerGuy:
On the road or out of the cab?

I got ran off the road at a roundabout the other day (I was in my car) because a truck was stuck in the second lane trying to get to a motorway exit. He didn’t care - my lane was freely moving and he just ran out in front of me with me alongside and nowhere to go. :imp: :imp: :imp: Nearly hit me with the trailer.

Totally unnecessary.

I got tailgated in my car a couple of weeks ago by some absolute ■■■■ in a tipper. :smiling_imp:
There were cars in front of me doing 50 mph…I had nowhere to go if I had wanted to!
The ■■■■ even flashed and blasted his horn as I was going round a roundabout ffs :open_mouth:
I got so ■■■■■■ with him I put my hazards on pulled in and opened the door beckoning him to stop. but he just ■■■■ ed off. :imp:

On reflection maybe just as well…as in my head I’m still the fit, fearless and aggressive 25 year old I used to be,. :sunglasses: …In reality I aint any more. :smiley: so I could have easily have came 2nd place if it had got to blows. :blush: :laughing:

robroy:
The [zb] even flashed and blasted his horn as I was going round a roundabout ffs :open_mouth:

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Flashes and horns for no other reason than you’re in some meat head’s orbit. I don’t understand the aggression and anger. You lose more than you gain when you’re like that.

It’s definitely getting worse every year.

The average person is not capable mentally to drive even a car anymore, the sooner the robots take over the better…

You don’t need to look beyond this forum to see how anger & defensiveness are the overriding passions of a deliberately divided population.
Non of this is nature or accidental. We are manipulated to hate. It serves those controlling us well.

My mrs says Ill ring you back in a bit , then when she does ring it , who are you shouting at now !! . I just get ■■■■■■ off with ignorant people, I try not to get wound up as it does me no good , but ignorance’s does my head in , I just can’t turn a blind eye to it
I’ve been helping out a old relative of mine ( 87 ) by trying to do her garden for her , it’s a mess but I’m doing my best , some neighbour shouted from his window that it ( bushes ) were blocking his light , I explained aunt was 87 so couldn’t do any gardening as unsteady on her legs & as I lived 3 hrs away I could only do it every other week , not good enough for him , so I lost my rag and went round banging on his door and shouting for him to come out , he didn’t
I then got it in the head from my mrs as I was embarrassing her once again apparently , and my auntie who said I’d now upset her neighbour & at my age I should know better , why do I bother

dozy:
I’ve been helping out a old relative of mine ( 87 ) by trying to do her garden for her , it’s a mess but I’m doing my best , some neighbour shouted from his window that it ( bushes ) were blocking his light , I explained aunt was 87 so couldn’t do any gardening as unsteady on her legs & as I lived 3 hrs away I could only do it every other week , not good enough for him , so I lost my rag and went round banging on his door and shouting for him to come out , he didn’t
I then got it in the head from my mrs as I was embarrassing her once again apparently , and my auntie who said I’d now upset her neighbour & at my age I should know better , why do I bother

Just chop down the bush, put it in a cheap incinerator bin, you’ll have to use some white spirit not petrol at the moment, a match, job done everyone is happy.If she moans say it had to go because it’s upsetting the neighbour and tell her to be more considerate.

Carryfast:

dozy:

Just chop down the bush, put it in a cheap incinerator bin, you’ll have to use some white spirit not petrol at the moment, a match, job done everyone is happy.If she moans say it had to go because it’s upsetting the neighbour and tell her to be more considerate.

No he can wait to last now , I’m getting there but the brambles are holding me up as you can’t grab a handful , it’s just his attitude of shouting , and then dismissing my aunt is in her 80, and I’m 3 hrs away as not his problem
If he’d of asked reasonably then I’d of put the bushes first on my list but now it’s last
Got a shredder now so that & son in law coming down to help will hopefully help us move along a bit quicker

dozy:

Carryfast:

dozy:

No he can wait to last now , I’m getting there but the brambles are holding me up as you can’t grab a handful , it’s just his attitude of shouting , and then dismissing my aunt is in her 80, and I’m 3 hrs away as not his problem
If he’d of asked reasonably then I’d of put the bushes first on my list but now it’s last
Got a shredder now so that & son in law coming down to help will hopefully help us move along a bit quicker

Gardennet? (garden net)

How much of this “HGV Driver aggession” is “I’m on 14hrs 50 mins - and I’m 8 minutes out from my home depot - now GTF out of my way, peasant!”

Winseer:
How much of this “HGV Driver aggession” is “I’m on 14hrs 50 mins - and I’m 8 minutes out from my home depot - now GTF out of my way, peasant!”

Log books, resulting no pressure , have to slow down gradually through the gears on the approach to stand a chance of getting a gear to pull away with and then accelerate the same way, all counted towards what makes a lorry driver, busy minding their own business and not causing aggro to others.
As opposed to a not very good car driver, driving a truck that’s been made to drive like they drive their car.

Carryfast:
you’ll have to use some white spirit not petrol at the moment, a match, job done everyone is happy.If she moans say it had to go :

Not surprised she’ll moan if you set fire to her bush :open_mouth:
I reckon it all me more of a high pitched shriek. :laughing:

Sorry doze, just my childish sense of humour. :blush: :smiley:

Aggression is everywhere now not just on the roads
but i have noticed that more and more vehicles are
jumping red lights
no intension of stopping at roundabouts
hogging the outside lane on duel carriage ways
and the middle lane on motorways

Aggressive driving can be a result of the drivers mindset- given an unrealistic amount of work, tight deadlines, office constantly on the phone etc.

Many years ago I use to work for company that was that sort of culture. I soon realised that by driving aggressively, at the very best I would end up with alot of points on my licence and the very worse I could end up killing somebody. So I decided the best option was to drive safely and keep complaint and within a few weeks got a job with another company.

robroy:
Not surprised she’ll moan if you set fire to her bush :open_mouth:

He’s already said it’s hardly a Brazilian rain forest she’s got, that’s why he’s hacking his way through her bush, so it’s nice and trim.

Sorry …it’s a slow day and the double entendres rolled off my head

If you worry that you yourself may be or becoming a stressed out and aggressive driver the quick and simple fix is to set your cruise at 4 or 5kph below your limiter. It takes a bit of discipline at first to stick to this, but by God the affect on your mental well-being is startling.

I completely stopped doing all the “w***ker”!!! stuff about 10 years ago - someone cut me off and I was in a different truck and I’m banging the steering wheel trying to find the horn to beep them and I just thought “How stupid is this?”. Even if someone almost kills me I just don’t bother - maybe one small beep if I think they havn’t even seen what they’ve done so they remember it next time maybe.

I remember I saw a couple of guys beeping at someone in a mini and chased him down - then he got out and it took about half a minute for him to stand up - six foot three powerlifter type. The two guys had got out from the car behind and were walking over - they both just stopped dead when they saw what this bloke was built like. The big guy just said “Now what are you gonna do? If I’d been a small bloke you’dve hit me wouldn’t you?”. The two idiots just got back in their car and went.