First experience of car driver road rage against me!

Well having only done 2 driving shifts before today since passing my test back in May (and all shifts on the same route) I finally experienced the wrath of an unhappy motorist!

Was travelling East on A90 between Dundee and Arbroath, dual carriageway 50mph limit for all vehicles. Road was very quiet, got closer to car in front of me, checked mirrors, nothing in the rear distance, so signalled out and started overtaking.

Easy enough…just got the cab in front of the guy then he decides to speed up a little. Fair enough, didn’t phase me, finally get by him then as I do a mirror check before signalling back in he speeds up again so I signal in anyway and wait for him to fly past or back off!

He eventually backed off so I give myself an extra few secs before moving over just to make sure I don’t clip his nose.

So thats 1 fudd dealt with…as I start moving over I spot a wee car up my ■■■ who came from nowhere swaying from side to side flashing his lights. I barely got back into the left lane and he nearly takes out the central reservation trying to get past! He drives by honking his horn and his passenger starts showing a 2 finger salute! All this happened in probably less than 2 minutes !!

I know its happened plenty times to me when I’ve been driving my car with inpatient people but since it was my first time experiencing it in the truck it really annoyed me! Just part and parcel of the job I suppose!

Rant over [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, youll have the same tomorow and after tmorow and afterafteraftreater… again… :wink:
get use to it :stuck_out_tongue: youre oficially third class citizen :smiley:

kyk:
yep, youll have the same tomorow and after tmorow and afterafteraftreater… again… :wink:
get use to it :stuck_out_tongue: youre oficially third class citizen :smiley:

I know I know! Scared me that I had no issues my first 2 shifts! Was bound to happen at some point! [emoji38]

The correct procedure is this:-

• If your truck is sign written, you apologise!
  • If your truck isn’t sign written, you do something different! :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But go for the first option mate and never give them another moment in your thoughts…

Evil8Beezle:
The correct procedure is this:-

• If your truck is sign written, you apologise!
  • If your truck isn’t sign written, you do something different! :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But go for the first option mate and never give them another moment in your thoughts…

[emoji38][emoji38] i waited til he was away in the distance before replying to the salute [emoji38]

Nup it isn’t signed at all [emoji108]

What to do is give them the thumbs up then laugh at there reaction.

yes,i just laugh at them as well :laughing: that really pees them off!

[emoji1312][emoji1312] thanks guys I will keep it in mind for next time

Just smile back at em [emoji4] …it confuses people

BeakFreak81:
Just smile back at em [emoji4] …it confuses people

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

My advice is however much you want to jump out at the next set of lights and smack him in his windpipe. I have learned that karma truly is a ■■■■■ so don’t worry he will get his at some point.

I tend to grin at them in an insane manner and then lick my side window. I am fortunate with being allocated my own wagon, so I know the window is spotless. In fact, cleaning it and rubbing a refresher bar over the ’ lick zone ’ forms part of my daily checks.

Other sweets eaten by fully grown retards are available! :open_mouth:

I prefer curlywhurly’s! :grimacing:

Just licked my laptop screen. Couldn’t taste anything.

Baldy91:
My advice is however much you want to jump out at the next set of lights and smack him in his windpipe. I have learned that karma truly is a ■■■■■ so don’t worry he will get his at some point.

He took the next junction so hopefully karma done him at some point round the bend [emoji38]

eagerbeaver:
I tend to grin at them in an insane manner and then lick my side window. I am fortunate with being allocated my own wagon, so I know the window is spotless. In fact, cleaning it and rubbing a refresher bar over the ’ lick zone ’ forms part of my daily checks.

Each to their own eh…[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

eagerbeaver:
Just licked my laptop screen. Couldn’t taste anything.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Bellend!