Road Ahead closed, ooh ek!

Drove up one of these streets today to do a call i do often it’s a really narrow street with over hangs, cars parked willy nilly etc

Got round the corner to my drop, as i came round saw this sign and loads of cones :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Made my drop then looked to see where the diversion was sending people…
(normally follow road round and join main road again)

diversion was up an even smaller one way street, fine in a car but i had no chance of getting the lorry up :exclamation: :confused: :confused: - by chance i was on the phone to another driver giving him direction to another drop and he said he went up that street - followed the “divert” function on sat nav and got stuck and had to come back to the road closed again.

next to the diversion sign was this sign :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

anybody like to hazard a guess as to what i had to do like the other driver last week :question: :question: :open_mouth:

There were no warning signs before hand stating the road was closed ahead :exclamation: :imp: :imp:

Something similar on the A46 Western bypass in Leicester last night.

They had closed the LAST exit sliproad (after which, you are on the M1), but there were no signs at the previous junction informing non motorway users to leave the A46!!!. :confused:

pecjam23:
anybody like to hazard a guess as to what i had to do like the other driver last week

Phone the police to block the one way street so you could use it going the wrong way :question: :question:

ROG:

pecjam23:
anybody like to hazard a guess as to what i had to do like the other driver last week

Phone the police to block the one way street so you could use it going the wrong way :question: :question:

yes but didnt involve the police, i could see the start of the one way road from top of the hill so turned round at top and made a mad dash for it and just had to time the 4 way traffic lights to pull out onto the road. luckily it’s a seldom used road or the police may have been involved :exclamation: :exclamation:

Only met one car and they pulled over to let me through :exclamation: :smiley:

anybody else had to do this sort of things before :question: :question: first and hopefully last time i ever have to do it :exclamation:

no thought given to hgv.
driving is easey its when you come to this sort of crap that makes it difficult. my worse nightmare is bridges the trailer i have at mo is 15ft you be supprised how many are to low to get under. i have the bridge height map but still a pain in the ■■■.

john