Hope no one is planning on going to Birmingham tonight!

M5, M40, M42, M1, M6, A38 and A5 all closed. Well done highways.

FFS
What kind of planning and thinking comes up with that being acceptable?

The-Snowman:
FFS
What kind of planning and thinking comes up with that being acceptable?

People who don’t care.

Total BOLLARDS :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I know work has to be done, on lots of roads, but THIS :question: :question:

WHO T F has planned this ■■?

They were planning on dropping a new anti-muzzy jihadi bomb. Did it go off?

Give em a break…it is Friday…and you know they always do it just before a weekend…getting close to Easter as well so expect a few more. :smiley: :smiley:

What time are they shutting off and re.opening the M5 n/bound, anybody?

I mean, do they not know I want to get home tomorrow?? :open_mouth:

:laughing:

ahhh fluff :frowning:

gota go coventry in morning…hopefully open intime…

complete tool boxes who think of all this…

I was doing DPD night work early this week, and Tuesday night I got to the top of the M40 about 9:40 (missed the northbound closure at Warwick), knew they were closing the M5 at junction 2 so turned north and hit the back of the queue midway between the A41 and A45 just as they were closing it. Took me about 30 minutes to get through as the traffic ground to a halt twice. Had they bothered to advertise the closure and queues on the M40, I’d have just gone onto the westbound M42 and gone round the diversion route to get to the depot (in Smethwick) and I really needed the extra rest as well. For other reasons DPD had a relief driver drive the truck (and me) back down south but I was grateful for it.

I wonder what on earth is so important that two sides of a ring road have to be closed the same night. An awful lot of the inbound trunkers hadn’t reached their destination by that point.