Super helpful road signs

These super helpful road signs seem to be in the increase are they sent to test us or just lazy road workers,come across 2 in the last 2 days whilst driving a large vehicles in a busy area…

Road ahead closed,then in small print underneath it says “find alternative route”,no diversion,no clue as to which route to take just “find alternative route”.

Brilliant when your in a stream of traffic in the a busy area of Birmingham.

Yeah but if they suggest an alternative route, they will instantly be inundated with complaints from local residents about the increased traffic, with LGV’s “thundering” past their homes! :laughing:

They won’t appreciate that road maintenance/improvements HAVE to be done… :cry:

On the other hand are the none existent ones, bit like the ones between Wales & M4 j13 last night warning that 13-12 e/b was closed [emoji849]. Or the one that’s sat right on that pointy bit of grass on M4 e/b & M5 split saying ‘this road will be closed…’ Which fricking bit…M4 over top of M5 or exit slip to M5?

Part time ‘detailer’, full time truck driver

Went to a quarry in yate/chipping way, Hanson I think. Came across those black signs with a picture of a lorry and the word ‘quarry’, brilliant I shall follow those. It took me through a new housing estate and to the quarry.

When I got there a guy at the entrance tells me I’m banned from the site as I came from the wrong direction, no quarry traffic is aloud through the estate. Lucky for us its only 40 mins drive from our yard so I phoned to tell them to get the others to go another way and off I went empty.

It turns out the signs are older then the housing estate so it USED to be the route but not anymore…so why has nobody removed them■■?

I love the ones which only tell you the road you need to take is closed when you actually get the said junction/roundabout…

A little warning would be massively useful.

Always makes me smile when you get to yet another set of roadworks on the motorway
“Wide loads over 9’6” straddle both nearside lanes" …what really? I’m glad they told me lol,what else are they supposed to do :smiley:

The ones I hate…First time in a town for years, and the sign says…Crompton Street Closed.

Where the F55k is that road?
Is it on my route?

Just put hazards on and get out the map…That is what I do, not rocket science is it. :wink:

SWEDISH BLUE:
The ones I hate…First time in a town for years, and the sign says…Crompton Street Closed.

Where the F55k is that road?
Is it on my route?

Exactly wouldn’t be so bad if they put at least a road number to kinda help.

And traffic England (I think) reporting 'heavy traffic on A5 between Cannock & Harpendon…how chuffing far is that? Oh…M4 e/b was closed at 13 again last night and again, no info on the OHM’s from 21… Tomtom knew though!