Thankyou highways agency

Just like to say thank you to the boys and girls in the traffic control room for a change getting information correct on the VMS signs.

Passing junction 3 on the m6 they were flashing saying queue at A14/M6 had heard nothing on travel reports so was going to ignore it thinking it might have been from 9am this morning :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: . (like they normally are :sunglasses: )

Got just before junction 2 and the signs were still saying queue ahead 40 mph after next junction, so I thought do I risk it and assume there is no queue or do I go another way onto the A14, the off ramp for junction 1 was the other side of the hill so couldnt see anything ahead, I was on my way back to the yard so didn’t want to be late back. Passed the last VMS sign and decided at the last min to come off at junction 1 rugby, as I went up to roundabout would you adam and eve it the was traffic queuing over the brow of the hill. Went to luttterworth and joined the m1 further up and then went s/b to join the a14. cost me 6 miles but guest it was still quicker than sitting in the traffic.

Got to the A14 roundabout and wondered what had happened, saw these parked up but dont know if they to had anything to do with the incident or not :question: ,

they were not stopped at the traffic lights and a traffic cop was walking between the truck and car when I was at the roundabout .

The 4x4 with the trailer passed me further up on the A14 5 mins later…did anybody get caught in it?