Heads up M5 C o C k UP

Yes it happened
M5 southbound closure put in place and by half midnight they had to take it down and open the road :open_mouth:

Total ■■■■ up…

Diversion off at 18 signs … FOLLOW the hollow circle… (that’s the yellow circle with the black ring :wink: )
So far so good then the diversion takes you to the A370 :open_mouth: with road works and a 7.5t limit imposed so the diversion now has a diversion on it that takes HGV’s to jn 19 of the M5 and then south to …wait for it …
The M5 junction 20 oh yeah the M5 is &*%$"£G closed :unamused:
so that diversion sends you all the way back to where you started :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just to add I didn’t follow the Highways ■■■■ up …
I rang 101 spoke to plod and explained the ■■■■ up including the fact that if the diversion had be in place onto the A38 there was a local diversion that would have taken traffic off and through a nice housing estate…
Plod said they would ring highways to check on it…

I then rang Hi-ways about 15 mins later and yeah someone had BALLS up big time. A&S police insisted the M5 closure was withdrawn immediately and will be looking into the incident as they had also received calls from YATTON (BB) that heavy traffic (HGV’s ) were using the route (another 7.5t route) as drivers were going round in circles getting nowhere :grimacing:

So Bald Bloke there might be a job on Highways coming up soon if your interested :wink: :wink:

HA apologist Big Jase will be along in a moment to tell you it’s your fault for not reading the signs properly and how you should be locked up for putting people’s lives in danger etc.

This the reason I dont do night trunks fair play to the lads and lasses that do .

Left hand down!:
HA apologist Big Jase will be along in a moment to tell you it’s your fault for not reading the signs properly and how you should be locked up for putting people’s lives in danger etc.

Could be worse. We might get a visit from Biffo the clown who thinks we’re ALL steering attendants.

What a total balls up.

nick2008:
So Bald Bloke there might be a job on Highways coming up soon if your interested

No thanks but would like the shift pattern. It all sounds quite comical really obviously the big problem being the A370 shut at the same time. :smiley: