Rigid rates...

being 3 months in on a new job I just wondered if you lot think i’m on to a good deal…

(All class 2 work by the way)

Friday - load up for the following week (finish 2.00p.m. ish)

Monday - night out. 5.00a.m start Handball involved during the day(not too strenouous, but likely to break in to a sweat)

Tuesday - another night out . Physical work but not exactly tiring.

Wednesday home.

Thursday - 3rd night out - much of the same.

Friday - see above.

So basically i’m doing 3 nights a week on class two (i’m salaried too)

All in all an average 43/44 hr week. Managing to take home about £450 a week.

Having looked around at the going rate i’d think this is comparable to class 1 rates (outside of London).

I’d be interested to get some feedback on this. I know divulging wages to some is frowned upon but i’m genuinely interested.

Cheers.

Well I don’t think you’re being robbed.

Andyroo:

having read this forum for a number of years would i be right in thinking you work for a builders merchant Andyroo?

I’ve just come off 7 years working for a builders merchant myself so I have to say my new set up is considerably more financially rewarding.

No more hiab related gubbins too (curtain sider).

I know people on a lot worse!! :wink:

hiabman:

Andyroo:

having read this forum for a number of years would i be right in thinking you work for a builders merchant Andyroo?

I’ve just come off 7 years working for a builders merchant myself so I have to say my new set up is considerably more financially rewarding.

No more hiab related gubbins too (curtain sider).

You are right…due to some funny circumstances I’ve just got quite a big pay rise though, so I’m happy at the moment…first time I’ve ever been pretty much satisfied with the money I get for the job I do in my, admittedly fairly short, working life.

I’ll take flats and dropsides with a crane over curtains and tail lifts anyday personally! Especially now I don’t have to use a tilt quite so often as I did at one time.

thought the title was for a ■■■■ movie :smiley: :smiley:

dam

HAIRYGORILLA:
thought the title was for a ■■■■ movie :smiley: :smiley:

dam

I seem to get a lot of emails offering stuff to make me rigid :wink: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

hiabman:
So basically i’m doing 3 nights a week on class two (i’m salaried too)

All in all an average 43/44 hr week. Managing to take home about £450 a week.

I’d say you’re doing more than OK there mate… :wink:

Take off say £75 for the three night outs and you’re still bottom lining £375 for 44 hours on a rigid. Not bad at all, there are no doubt lots on less than that for considerably more hours!

Well im on £340 takehome for 48hours Tues to Saturday.

£375 (take home) after only 44 hours // amazing

that would be about £470 gross ( or £10.50/Hr )

Love to get my fingers on that ( your company looking for any fresh drivers :slight_smile:

I would say it is about right for rigid work. For a 44 hour week I would gross £450.00 plus expenses.