Any jewson drivers?

I’ve got a jewson interview tomorrow , I’m just wordering what the jewson rate of pay is?. I’ve got a feeling I will be asked what my jewson expectations are , I don’t want to ask to high or too low either , I need the jewson job but not working for peanuts as I’ve got to travel to other side of city . I’ve got my hiab ticket. Thanks you jewson lot :slight_smile:.

Mate of mine worked for them a while back down brighton way somewhere. sure he said he was on £10 an hour but don’t quote me

£8ph* :open_mouth: on agency for a start, not much more if at all if you’re ‘employed’ by them.

*That’s up here though, don’t know what the rate is else where…?

You’re given one of those PDA handheld things, to log your deliveries / collections. PDA? More like PITA!

Once you see / understand the way they run things, you’ll wonder HOW do they make it pay…?

You DO NOT get an overtime rate…

If you’re out, and it goes past your finish time, they say 'you’ll get the time back ‘later’.

That NEVER happens, basically you’ve just worked them minutes for FREE! Which add up over the year…

(I’ve just said other stuff here, but deleted it as it may offend)…

Sorry, but I don’t recommend them.

I’ve not heard good things about them in other posts etc , I just need the job lol , I’m doing class one in June hopefully so only short term if I last that long , I done building yard stuff last year so I know what to expect , the company I worked for was a joke well the people that worked there anyway . But got a bit of expierence this time…

Taken from my post about builders merchants made some time ago…

‘Same as any other builders merchant, awkward loads to awkward places delivering to awkward builders. The whole lot run by a load of awkward shopkeepers who have zilch understanding of lorries or their problems’

Wrong post lol

Twoninety88:
Taken from my post about builders merchants made some time ago…

‘Same as any other builders merchant, awkward loads to awkward places delivering to awkward builders. The whole lot run by a load of awkward shopkeepers who have zilch understanding of lorries or their problems’

Lol sounds about right .

If you are employed by them then there is a sliding pay scale. They will pay you as little as they can get away with. Obviously.

I believe that pay scale tops out at about 26k a year. I’m in Hertfordshire if that makes a difference. At the end of the day, does it matter if it’s only going to be temporary? As long as it’s not a ■■■■ take. It’s not a difficult job, you can only go as far as the lorry can, and the cranes they have these days are a good length too.

worked for them years ago in Newcastle and found them ok.

money was good at the time but one thing I did notice was once you were doing runs quickly you were the one doing runs 2 and 3 while the lazy full timers dossed about (slowed right down once I sussed it out). other than that had some days where done almost nothing for hours and days where you never stopped.

Had interview today seemed decent enough place to work . 7.30 to 4.30 suits me . If I get the job I’ve got go to Bradford for a weeks training, I honestly don’t know if I’ve got it tbh I just realised I am terrible at interviews :frowning: , the interview scene in trainspotting with spud springs to mind lol .

Whereabouts are you victa ?
Jim.

F-reds:
If you are employed by them then there is a sliding pay scale. They will pay you as little as they can get away with. Obviously.

I believe that pay scale tops out at about 26k a year. I’m in Hertfordshire if that makes a difference. At the end of the day, does it matter if it’s only going to be temporary? As long as it’s not a ■■■■ take. It’s not a difficult job, you can only go as far as the lorry can, and the cranes they have these days are a good length too.

When I was there (briefly :smiling_imp: ), I heard of a driver that left, then somehow came back on about 50/75p an hour more…

Yet the pay IS still $£%^!

I would not worry too much mate you cant be any worse than the prick of a Jewsons Driver delivering to a site in Momples Road Harlow yesterday . Just pulled up and jumped out to go in the site leaving everybody else to struggle round the lorry. Jewsons must run a most idiotic place to park bonus and this fella properly qualified for it in full.

I don’t know, if you manage to get the full 26k, then that’s not bad for 0730-1630 home every night. I believe you have to do 4 hours every other Saturday too. Still not terrible though.

Worked for them in many of their branches on the agency years ago 8-5 no moans there. Took a full time job as yard/transport Forman in Bridgend drivers worked mn - Fri 8-5 and every other Saturday morning can’t remember the pay sorry

Caerphilly driver tyrone seems happy always laughing and the most helpful driver you could ask four regards rward

sorry I messed that up I ment travis perkins driver i don’t know the Jewson driver

amamdada:
I would not worry too much mate you cant be any worse than the prick of a Jewsons Driver delivering to a site in Momples Road Harlow yesterday . Just pulled up and jumped out to go in the site leaving everybody else to struggle round the lorry. Jewsons must run a most idiotic place to park bonus and this fella properly qualified for it in full.

Except many sites you aren’t allowed to just drive straight in without a banksman etc. Not condoning bad parking but if nobody answers their phone you can’t just drive around and around hoping someone on site spots you. Many sites now have large hoardings to display poncey mission statements, “considerate constructors” nonsense and silly posed photos of smiley families in new houses so site staff can’t see you arrive.

From Edinburgh jfc999 , well never heard back from them , ah well will keep trying…

Victa1:
From Edinburgh jfc999 , well never heard back from them , ah well will keep trying…

Edinburgh to Bradford for training ■■?
And where is the eventual job ?
Surely something nearer home for you ?
Jim