Any jewson drivers?

Job was in Edinburgh m8 but some sort of intensive weeks training in Bradford sounded like health and safety moloney , all expenses paid .

Victa1:
Job was in Edinburgh m8 but some sort of intensive weeks training in Bradford sounded like health and safety moloney , all expenses paid .

Sounds great Victa, a weeks intensive training in Bradford , all expenses paid !
After a hard day in the classroom there are facilities to wind down and , err , relax in the company of , err , ladies.
Also lots of art galleries and museums and cultural attractions.
Manning ham Lane is the place to start.
Enjoy,
Jim

Victa1:
all expenses paid .

Includes…
Hire car, all fuel paid.
Hotel for the week with meals etc included.
Full CPC, mod 2,4 (if needed) and HiAB/HMF lorry loader training (ALLMI ticket).
When you start the job you have a regular driver with you ‘shadowing’ for a period of time (couple of days, week, whatever needed…) to help you with routine and company policy, any help/advice you need with different ways of unloading your materials etc. Can’t cover it all in a training course can you…

Jewson have changed, a lot, over the last year or so. I have no complaints anyway.
Wages are salary, rates may vary depending on region.
No overtime rates, if you run late, you run late but it’s not often and you work Sat morning every other week 8-12.

Yeah, run late…

AND DON’T GET PAID FOR THAT ‘LATE TIME’…!!!

No overtime rate remember…?

Im a bit late but most has been said on here.

Rate depends on what you ask. your paid salary from jewsons but hourly if your via manpower / agency

Hours are 7:30-1700 with 1hr for lunch that you dont get paid for, 4hrs on a sat every two weeks 8-12, NO OVERTIME, so dont do it.

Easy job not bad money, dont let any one pressure you, weither its the office or customer,

Just lately the H&S is stupid and has slowed the job right down, but its the companys policy so roll with it, because you cant fight it.

Get out there and get a tan.

Forgot to add…

They wont give us spare bulbs, oil, tyre gagues ect… so you cannot do anything with the trucks just add water and fuel, thats it anything else we gota take them to the MAN dealer or if your lucky and still run the old dafs / mercs you go there.

• Carl

Victa1:
I’ve not heard good things about them in other posts etc , I just need the job lol , I’m doing class one in June hopefully so only short term if I last that long , I done building yard stuff last year so I know what to expect , the company I worked for was a joke well the people that worked there anyway . But got a bit of expierence this time…

Who you doing class 1 with?

[/quote]
Who you doing class 1 with?
[/quote]
Was going to go back to ctts in Bathgate as very good bunch there and will accept the I.L.a tokens too. But might look into companies offering guaranteed job if training with them as don’t want to go through all this crap again with new c+e licence .

Victa1:
But might look into companies offering guaranteed job if training with them as don’t want to go through all this crap again with new c+e licence .

They’re a con if they’re the ones advertising in the jobs section of local newspapers. I’m sure there was a sticky on the newby forum about it.

[/quote]
They’re a con if they’re the ones advertising in the jobs section of local newspapers. I’m sure there was a sticky on the newby forum about it.
[/quote]
No I meant haulage firms.