Ridiculous

:unamused: I was just looking on the Job Center website and I saw this.

Job ID
Posting Date
06/07/2017
Company
M&H Transport (Hull) Ltd
Industries
Transport and storage - materials
Job type
Full time
Years of experience
2+ years
Career level
None
Education Level
Vocational (e.g. NVQ/SNVQ)
Salary
550.00 - 550.00 per week :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
£550 per week for up to 65hrs :unamused: , overtime after 65hrs £10 per hour. £12 per hour for Sunday running. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Job reference code
MH1
Application methods
Phone: 01482326471

Then they will moan they cant get drivers.

So that is roughly time and 3/16 after 65 hours and time and 7/16 for Sunday. Wow, I am falling over backwards at the generosity. What they are really offering is £338 a week for 40 hrs.

Well according to their website they are advertising for Class 1 drivers - nights out required.

mhtransport.eu/careers

I do hope that wage doesn’t include night out money…

Or ridiculous isn’t really the word is it?

If they think that they can get drivers and advertising the terms that they are paying, says it all really. Only thing missing is it doesn’t say “must be English speaking”. Even asking for 2 years experience so obviously they don’t expect english drivers at this rate of pay. I only hope they struggle. The less firms like this operating the better.

I take it that some firms dont know about the chronic driver shortage then?

Regrettably, that is about the “going rate” in Hull … pay rates in that area of E. Yorkshire have always been poor … can never understand why ?
From what I understand, a lot of guys go over the Humber Bridge to Immingham area, as rates are better … or come up the M62 to Castleford / Pontefract area.

The Rustler:
Regrettably, that is about the “going rate” in Hull … pay rates in that area of E. Yorkshire have always been poor … can never understand why ?
From what I understand, a lot of guys go over the Humber Bridge to Immingham area, as rates are better … or come up the M62 to Castleford / Pontefract area.

Pretty much what I was going to say. Pay the bridge toll and get that money back within the first two hours of work!

Thursdays joke of the day