Here we go again

msn.com/en-gb/money/careers … fd15&ei=17
At least the salary is more realistic than the 80k thats been banded about in the past.

Cue all the “Wouldn’t get out of bed for that, I’m on £25 per hour” posts :laughing:

Indeed reviews… gotta love em, only people that post are leaving for a bad reason…lol… and why is it anything near manchester or liverpool is always bad reviews… :question:

Although these two are South Elmsall/ wakefield… :stuck_out_tongue:

shullbit:
MSN
At least the salary is more realistic than the 80k thats been banded about in the past.

I reckon that what they do to calculate this mythical “80k” is count all the hours per week a driver is with their artic combination, and then multiply that by the prevailing average full timer’s hourly rate…

If you are a 5-6-5-6 tramper then - you’re going to be parked up for minimum 9 hours between shifts, fully paid in their version of the Universe, which of course isn’t the same universe the rest of us live in…

15hours per shift +9 hours alseep on bunk paid - means you’re effectively being paid 24/7. Even at £10ph that/s £87,360 per year - Right? :grimacing:

Doesn’t take “15 hour shifts with reduced rests only do-able 3 times per week” of course.

Seems we’ve been trumped in the land of make believe

:laughing:

shullbit:
MSN

What is the link for? I’ve not been able to open it.

You’re not missing anything, it sounds like BS

“I do a job no one wants to do but I love it and earn £210,000 a year”
Stephen Fry’s plumber job allows him to go on holidays to the Maldives and Canary Islands every year and afford a top flat in Kensington, west London - and he does not even need to work weekends

Since when was plumbing a job no one wants to do?

Zac_A:
You’re not missing anything, it sounds like BS

“I do a job no one wants to do but I love it and earn £210,000 a year”
Stephen Fry’s plumber job allows him to go on holidays to the Maldives and Canary Islands every year and afford a top flat in Kensington, west London - and he does not even need to work weekends

Since when was plumbing a job no one wants to do?

Since the toilet got blocked. :wink:

Jimmy McNulty:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-job-no-one-wants-30139979

He works 58 hours a week and is on call 24 hours a day.

WheelsofCardiff:

Jimmy McNulty:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-job-no-one-wants-30139979

He works 58 hours a week and is on call 24 hours a day.

Yep.
Just imagine, if it was a full time job, he`d be quite well off.

TonkaBoy:
Indeed reviews… gotta love em, only people that post are leaving for a bad reason…lol… and why is it anything near manchester or liverpool is always bad reviews… :question:

Although these two are South Elmsall/ wakefield… :stuck_out_tongue:

I never take any notice of reviews
As people are quick to post negative reviews bad mouth company’s etc.
Yet people aren’t so quick to leave good reviews for business etc

edd1974:

Yes, it’s an old adage in business, “If people get good service they’ll tell someone, if they get bad service they’ll tell everyone”. That’s especially true in the internet age.

Zac_A:

edd1974:

Yes, it’s an old adage in business, “If people get good service they’ll tell someone, if they get bad service they’ll tell everyone”. That’s especially true in the internet age.

That explains, why I keep coming back here…

Zac_A:

edd1974:

as said i dont bother with reviews . and proved my point while back was seeing a woman she was obssesed with reviews. we went out to llanadudno for day said were go for a nice meal. was a saturday evening in summer she got her phone out this one has good review go here place was busy no tables left. this went on for about half an hour every place with good review was busy. we walked past a place that seemed quiet i said what about here no it has bad reviews. i basically said look were both hungry been looking for alomst an hour . anyway we went in afterwards she said was that was nicest freshest fish and meal she had ever had i cant understand why it has so many bad reviews.
all a load of rubbish . same as people who leave a review on toolstation etc . bought a lightbulb it works looks great id give it 5 stars . its a light bulb ffs why do peole need to review these things

Isn’t it strange that you only ever see these people on holiday, sporting “status symbols” rather than hard-at-work actually earning the big bucks they speak of, and sporting their bloated invoices/paycheques…

For all we know, he’s cashed a pension in early, and bought a fancy car out of that money, rather than billed Bloggs down the road a year’s pay just to fix his drains…

You’re gonna need to do more than “Lie” to get people to train up for the professions that yes, DO have a lack of workers in them - BUT pay nowhere near the pay levels we’re being told of in the press…

A “Job” should be counted for Pay wise: NOT “How many hours @ What hourly rate @ Which employer.” rather than ahem hours @ employer for (Unspecified, unproven salary claim) amounts of money.

shullbit:
MSN

Dont get the here we go again title? Seems to be making out like the article is a lie. Since the latest pay rise I do 46.3K a year for my 45hrs a week. Rarely have to do any overtime, can count on 1 hand the amount of times I’ve got stuck and not got back under my 9hrs in the last year. Mostly spend the last hour of my shift on the bunk snoozing.

Fuzrat:

shullbit:
MSN

Dont get the here we go again title? Seems to be making out like the article is a lie. Since the latest pay rise I do 46.3K a year for my 45hrs a week. Rarely have to do any overtime, can count on 1 hand the amount of times I’ve got stuck and not got back under my 9hrs in the last year. Mostly spend the last hour of my shift on the bunk snoozing.

Job no one wants, driver shortage massive wages etc, where you been? Anyway I did 49K last year, no nights out never drove more than 12 hours in a single week and spend most of my shift on break doing whatever I want, they should interview me :smiley:

This was a busy week

shullbit:
This was a busy week

Does this mean you’re only doing one agency shift per week, or are you doing an awful lot of handball in your full-time job? :unamused: :confused: