Lost for words.

And that doesn’t happen often!

hulldailymail.co.uk/news/job … ull-215491

I love the “up to £34000 a year” bit. Absolutely no mention of the fact (as many posters here have testified) that Hull is one of the worst paying areas in the country so you’ll be doing over 80 hours and 5 nights out a week to achieve that figure.

Mind you the spin they put on it makes it sound so easy that maybe I’ll give it a go! :wink:

Well Hull is the city of culture 2017. Wonder how many will be rushing to sign up. Should be a law to stop this as there will be a lot who fall for this.

the maoster:
I love the “up to £34000 a year” bit. Absolutely no mention of the fact (as many posters here have testified) that Hull is one of the worst paying areas in the country so you’ll be doing over 80 hours and 5 nights out a week to achieve that figure.

Mind you the spin they put on it makes it sound so easy that maybe I’ll give it a go! :wink:

I actually achieve that on a 55 hour week, but I am in no doubt that where I work is the exception.

As far as the job advert goes, surely it breaks some advertising code of conduct. It’s clearly from a broker and therefore no jobs actually exists.

This is not a job advert it’s a disguised advert for a HGV training broker, the company in question are a training broker so believe what you want but the reality is likely to be very different.

I could be wrong but I’m guessing that the page linked to is actually an advert paid for by the training broker.

In my mind this shows how low some of these brokers will stoop and shows why wannabe drivers should avoid them and go directly to a genuine HGV training company.

They is some decent payers, but alot of the firm’s all pay peanuts… we’ve just had a nice surprise payrise :grimacing:

Must of been a slow news day for them to write about a broker.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Search Gumtree lgv jobs in our part of the world and there’s about 4 ads all saying the same blx.

Say what you will ( some have said there should be a law against this :smiley: :smiley: )…but for an 18 yr old, who wants to be a trucker, has no savings to pay for his training, is offered a golden opportunity to get his licence and some experience…ok as a professional driver, these wages are very low, but to a trainee, i think its fantastic. I have been harping on for years about the lack of training for those wanting to come into the industry, no one took up the challenge…many on T/N say theres a shortage of HGV drivers, not many are coming into the industry etc etc…so i applaud a company who is doing something about it, and not only in Hull, but in lots of other areas too…and who knows, if this kicks off, there may be jobs for old timers who want to help this industry and the future young drivers, so it could create other job options as well.

truckyboy:
Say what you will ( some have said there should be a law against this :smiley: :smiley: )…but for an 18 yr old, who wants to be a trucker, has no savings to pay for his training, is offered a golden opportunity to get his licence and some experience…ok as a professional driver, these wages are very low, but to a trainee, i think its fantastic. I have been harping on for years about the lack of training for those wanting to come into the industry, no one took up the challenge…many on T/N say theres a shortage of HGV drivers, not many are coming into the industry etc etc…so i applaud a company who is doing something about it, and not only in Hull, but in lots of other areas too…and who knows, if this kicks off, there may be jobs for old timers who want to help this industry and the future young drivers, so it could create other job options as well.

In what way is this company doing something about a shortage of drivers :confused:

They’re not offering free training, they’re not offering subsidised training, and they certainly cannot guarantee you a job after training, it’s just a thinly veiled advert for a HGV training broker that’s all.

tachograph:

truckyboy:

In what way is this company doing something about a shortage of drivers :confused:

They’re not offering free training, they’re not offering subsidised training, and they certainly cannot guarantee you a job after training, it’s just a thinly veiled advert for a HGV training broker that’s all.

That maybe so, but they’re offering a free high viz vest with every course!! Where do I sign?!

£34k for an 18 year old in Hull…