Contract or agency

I have zero experience as a class 1, however I may have a chance for a contract at a Hull based hauler. I have little details until next week. Not sure about hours or rate etc.

But as i’m in Hull, i’m worth 12p an hour. I’m going to pop and see Dean at tower staff solutions, in Grimsby tomorrow. From reading stuff on here, 20 miles in any direction out of Hull the wages go up. I was speaking to a guy who told me that Keedwell wages were about £8.30 an hour in Hull. (The contract isn’t with them)

If I get to agency work in Immingham it’s at least £10 per hour?

IF the contract exists and it’s guaranteed hours etc, do I just take it? Am I crazy?

If it was me with zero experience, i’d probably take the contract, then start looking straight away for another full time job with better pay, while all the time gaining experience. An extra quid an hour aint worth much if you’re doing a tenner in petrol and wear n tear a day.

They is good money to be earnt in Hull, I earn a good wedge it’s just getting to know the right people :wink:

Pm me if you want a chat, or got any questions on the local hauliers

I think a Newbie should also opt for full time if it’s on the table, those first few few days and weeks are going to be, or should be, completely different than agency…

What’s wrong with a few months of crap pay in the long run? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:
I think a Newbie should also opt for full time if it’s on the table, those first few few days and weeks are going to be, or should be, completely different than agency…

What’s wrong with a few months of crap pay in the long run? :open_mouth:

I was being impatient as I won’t know until next week and need to pay for my licence. :grimacing:

If I do get offered it then I’d be insane not to take it.

Hi guys!

I don’t know if I’m posting in the right thread but I’ve passed my hazard and on Thursday I have my multiple choice. Any last minute advices will be very helpfull!

Thanks,
Mike

MikeI:
Hi guys!

I don’t know if I’m posting in the right thread but I’ve passed my hazard and on Thursday I have my multiple choice. Any last minute advices will be very helpfull!

Thanks,
Mike

Relax, not worry, not rush. You have 1 hour and half so take your time. this is the easy part. If you fail you can go back again because it’s not costly. So not worry.

Cheers Moreno!

I’ve passed my hazard with 88/100 and altought I had a chock seeing that it was only CGI and not the videos I was used too, I managed to pull myself up after the first 3 :slight_smile:!

I’ll let you know how things are going!

Have a lovely day!
Mike

Just passed today my multiple choice with 91/100 :smiley: ! Can’t wait to start my practical !!!

MikeI:
Just passed today my multiple choice with 91/100 :smiley: ! Can’t wait to start my practical !!!

Congrats!

MikeI:

Congrats. Now get already to lost £3000 or more. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Join the agency, but also pursue the full-time job. It may take a while for the full-time job to get through, so you have nothing to lose by joining the agency in the meantime.

Even if the money is bad, it’s still a full-time job, and it’s a guaranteed income every week. The agency doesn’t have that sort of security: one week you might get 60 hours work, the next week 5 hours.

But always go for the full-time / contract job over agency! :smiley:

:slight_smile: it’s not lost money, it’s a good investment even better than a savings account :slight_smile:!