Return of the longline scania

i was reading an article regarding longer trailers. it explained that we are going to see the overall length of an artic increased from the present 16.5 metres to 18.75 metres.
it went on to explain that most opperators wouldn’t increase trailer lengths, so we will probably see more aerodynamic tractor units.
so i reckon we will see more american trucks, longline scanias, and t-cabs.
but it didn’t say when this is likely to happen.

limeyphil:
i was reading an article regarding longer trailers. it explained that we are going to see the overall length of an artic increased from the present 16.5 metres to 18.75 metres.
it went on to explain that most opperators wouldn’t increase trailer lengths, so we will probably see more aerodynamic tractor units.
so i reckon we will see more american trucks, longline scanias, and t-cabs.
but it didn’t say when this is likely to happen.

most operators are going to go for highest possible efficiency, theyll just start buying 48 foot trailers limey

the pice i read talked about a max 200mm nosecone on the front to improve road saftey for pedestrians and fuel efficeny of the truck

hmm an extra 2.25 metres and you think operators will not increase trailer lengths? You really must have been at the smack.

Got to agree,

What do you think they’d rather do? fit another 6 pallets in the back or give you a flat floor and a bigger bed?

Although I do think that the O/D side would probably see an increase in the T cab style, but not for us fleet drivers!